FM3 in 4CM with a FC-12

Fantastic. This is exactly what I was thinking too, good to see someone else already doing it. The FM3 sits ok there doesn't it, I was wondering that it might be a little too big.

However I do find 4 long cables, plus another for amp MIDI switching, a bit of a pain.

I made a DIY snake with 4 cables + TRS cable, using zip ties. It actually works really well and isn't much more of a pain than one cable. I leave the FM3 ends connected on my PT Jr, put the snake in the PT case with the pedalboard, and connect the other end to the amp once I get to practice (though I haven't done that yet, with lockdown, but did the same with my HXFX, before).

I do like your idea though, that would be a cool setup. I just wonder if it would bug me at a gig, having the brains/control centre back behind me. It would be nice to have the FM3 out of the way of dancers' beer spills, etc, though!

I made a DIY snake with 4 cables + TRS cable, using zip ties. It actually works really well and isn't much more of a pain than one cable. I leave the FM3 ends connected on my PT Jr, put the snake in the PT case with the pedalboard, and connect the other end to the amp once I get to practice (though I haven't done that yet, with lockdown, but did the same with my HXFX, before).

I do like your idea though, that would be a cool setup. I just wonder if it would bug me at a gig, having the brains/control centre back behind me. It would be nice to have the FM3 out of the way of dancers' beer spills, etc, though!
You and I are the same! I have been doing exactly this, with a H9, a HXFX and a FX8 - and all of them have been stomped on and and drink spilt on them by over-eager pub patrons! I have a FM3 & FC-12 inbound and will try the 'back at the amp' setup.

You and I are the same! I have been doing exactly this, with a H9, a HXFX and a FX8 - and all of them have been stomped on and and drink spilt on them by over-eager pub patrons! I have a FM3 & FC-12 inbound and will try the 'back at the amp' setup.
Curious how this works out, i'm thinking of doing the same. Would love to know how you set up the FC12 to control preset and scene selection while not using the FM3 buttons at all. I'm super weary of leaving the FM3 on the floor in a gigging situation. Beer + high dollar electronics is not good lol.

Curious how this works out, i'm thinking of doing the same. Would love to know how you set up the FC12 to control preset and scene selection while not using the FM3 buttons at all. I'm super weary of leaving the FM3 on the floor in a gigging situation. Beer + high dollar electronics is not good lol.

Although, Leon Todd @2112 did say his FM3 survived a beer being dumped/spilled on it.... :)

Back
Top Bottom