• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

FM3 hot questions (and, hopefully, answers)

chris

Legend!
Here’s a setup I’d like to be able to do on the FM3. Currently on my ax8 I do not believe this is possible.

I’d like to use the looper block separately from my main guitar output. Easy enough to do this by hard panning left and right. No sweat, the applications for stereo effect live are, at least for me, pretty limited anyway.

Now, the harder bit: could I also get the metronome out of another output?? Like maybe the effects send? I really like the quantize feature in the looper block, but catching the tempo from a flashing light is difficult. It would be much easier if I could route a click out and send it to an in ear monitor....
Metronome traditionally is on Out 1 only. Not sure if the FM3 even has one but it might. You’d have to dedicate Out 1 to metronome and Out 2 for the other things.

unix-guy

Legend!
Here’s a setup I’d like to be able to do on the FM3. Currently on my ax8 I do not believe this is possible.

I’d like to use the looper block separately from my main guitar output. Easy enough to do this by hard panning left and right. No sweat, the applications for stereo effect live are, at least for me, pretty limited anyway.

Now, the harder bit: could I also get the metronome out of another output?? Like maybe the effects send? I really like the quantize feature in the looper block, but catching the tempo from a flashing light is difficult. It would be much easier if I could route a click out and send it to an in ear monitor....
I think the Axe Fx III was updated to include both Output 1 and Output 2 recently for metronome... But I could be wrong, and of course this isn't an Axe Fx III.

But you can hope ;)

gdgross

Experienced
I think the Axe Fx III was updated to include both Output 1 and Output 2 recently for metronome... But I could be wrong, and of course this isn't an Axe Fx III.

But you can hope ;)
fingers crossed.

It's quite hard for me to get a tempo into my brain by only a flashing light. Click would be soooo much better. Not sure how drummers do it, maybe it's just a ballpark.

edit- actually the ideal scenario just popped into my head...if I could run the metronome to the headphone out and not the others, that'd really be all i needed.

gdgross

Experienced
FM3 does the same thing as Axe-Fx III with the metronome.

You can send it to Out1 and/or Out2.
Fantastic. That'd get me where i want to be - isolated click from everything else. Now, if I could route it to the headphone output only, that would really make my day!

G

Greg Girardin

Fantastic. That'd get me where i want to be - isolated click from everything else. Now, if I could route it to the headphone output only, that would really make my day!
Unfortunately that's a hardware connection. Phones will always match Out1.

G

Greg Girardin

Hey Greg, good to see you back! Any updates for us? ;)
Nothing major. Been debugging bootloader issues for the last couple weeks so there's no functionality you'll care about there.. (except that the box will boot.. haha)

Only firmware change I've made recently is that it looks like the looper will be 4 minutes.

ETA: oh yeah, I also re-enabled Hi Quality reverb mode again. You can't run it with an Amp at the same time but I figured acoustic players like myself might want that.

Last edited by a moderator:

pauliusmm

Fractal Fanatic
Nothing major. Been debugging bootloader issues for the last couple weeks so there's no functionality you'll care about there.. (except that the box will boot.. haha)

Only firmware change I've made recently is that it looks like the looper will be 4 minutes.
This is great news! I use looper on duo gigs playing jazz standards. Its nice to know I will not have to worry running out of time on looper.

TenorKeith

Inspired
ETA: oh yeah, I also re-enabled Hi Quality reverb mode again. You can't run it with an Amp at the same time but I figured acoustic players like myself might want that.
That's awesome! It's good to have choices. Thank you, Greg. You know that we're starved for information out here :p

chris

Legend!
It’d be great if the block defaults to Normal.

Also, is there a chance to rename Normal to “High” and High to “Ultra” or some other superlative that doesn’t make people think “normal” means “bad”? Hehe. Might have to ask cliff on this one.

G

Greg Girardin

It’d be great if the block defaults to Normal.

Also, is there a chance to rename Normal to “High” and High to “Ultra” or some other superlative that doesn’t make people think “normal” means “bad”? Hehe. Might have to ask cliff on this one.
Yes, it defaults to Normal.

Top Bottom