• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

FM3 hot questions (and, hopefully, answers)

Retro Rick

Inspired
Yes. Input 1 and 2 can be mixed together at any point in the grid or not at all. In your use case it would be at Out 1.
Hi Greg, do you know if input 2 has an optional 10db boost like the AX8? Without that boost backing tracks from an MP3 player are too low in volume.

G

Greg Girardin

Hi Greg, do you know if input 2 has an optional 10db boost like the AX8? Without that boost backing tracks from an MP3 player are too low in volume.
Not quite following. I don't actually work on AX8 at all.

All Input blocks have an Output Level to control the level.

mikah912

Inspired
Yes. Reverb will have 4 channels just like AX3. Just can't run 2 of them if you're running an Amp.
Gah, sorry if I'm being dense at all, but when you say I "can't run 2 of them if I'm running an amp"....

Do you mean two BLOCKS or do you mean two CHANNELS of reverb - different types - in a single preset with scenes?

G

Greg Girardin

Gah, sorry if I'm being dense at all, but when you say I "can't run 2 of them if I'm running an amp"....

Do you mean two BLOCKS or do you mean two CHANNELS of reverb - different types - in a single preset with scenes?
You can't run 2 Reverb blocks and an Amp at the same time. CPU limitation.

mikah912

Inspired
You can't run 2 Reverb blocks and an Amp at the same time. CPU limitation.
Right. But I can definitely have a single Reverb block where:

• Scene 1 uses Channel A which is a simple Room Reverb for my Crunch tone
  • Scene 2 uses Channel B which is a Cavern Reverb for my Lead tone
  • Scene 3 uses Channel C which is the Deep Space Reverb for an etherial modern prog clean
Is that correct?

The same goes for the the Cab block? Only one, but Channel A can give me one pair of IRs for my clean amp on Channel A of my amp block , while channel B can give me a completely different pair of IRs for my distorted amp on Channel B of my amp block?

yek

You mean Boost/Pad? Boosting input level is not that parameter’s purpose.

G

Greg Girardin

Right. But I can definitely have a single Reverb block where:

• Scene 1 uses Channel A which is a simple Room Reverb for my Crunch tone
  • Scene 2 uses Channel B which is a Cavern Reverb for my Lead tone
  • Scene 3 uses Channel C which is the Deep Space Reverb for an etherial modern prog clean
Is that correct?
Yes.

mikah912

Inspired
Awesome!

The same goes for the the Cab block? Only one, but Channel A can give me one pair of IRs for my clean amp on Channel A of my amp block , while channel B can give me a completely different pair of IRs for my distorted amp on Channel B of my amp block?

DLC86

Power User
Awesome!

Yes, channels work the same way for every block.
So no need to ask the same question for every available block ;)

mikah912

Inspired
Yes, channels work the same way for every block.
So no need to ask the same question for every available block ;)
I only asked it of the cab because I know it uses the accelerator and could possibly be subject to a bit more restriction. I gather that for allllll the other blocks.

Thanks all for your patience and helpfulness answering an Ares-noob's questions. I had an AX8 twice previously, so these are new concepts to me.

Randall d

Inspired
Is the FM3 the same dimensions as the FC6? It looks a little narrower in width in the pictures. If they are different, do we know the width of the FM3 yet?

Stratman68

Fractal Fanatic
having owned all the axfx's except the III and the FX only units, they were all used in my home studio, very rarely out anymore. For the last couple of years I have used the AX8 in my small home studio for recording\writing, etc. I plan to do the same with the FM3. In the studio I do not see the 3 buttons as a limitation, of course.
I doubt I am the only one who is recording with the AX8 and later the FM3. The quality of the AX8 and now better in the FM3 imho are always an option for recording.

Just saying they are fine for recording also.

Top Bottom