• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

FM3 hot questions (and, hopefully, answers)

lqdsnddist

Axe-Master
Is the fixed impedance completely impossible to unfix? I really think the fuzz pedals could benefit from that - Please - pretty please.

And also Please - If you just give us one or two global blocks. That would make my preset updating life soooo much easier.
The impedance is a hardware aspect so short of a last minute production change I don’t see how they could “fix” it...

I will say that while it helps, it doesn’t fully emulate the variable loading effect you get with certain fuzz pedals “seeing” the pickups. It’s nice to have, but not night and day different, so not a deal breaker of an omission on my book

yek

The impedance is a hardware aspect so short of a last minute production change I don’t see how they could “fix” it...

I will say that while it helps, it doesn’t fully emulate the variable loading effect you get with certain fuzz pedals “seeing” the pickups. It’s nice to have, but not night and day different, so not a deal breaker of an omission on my book
+1

RB2021

FM3 + FC6 looks like a great and portable combination. I absolutely wouldn't mind upgrading to the FC12 for $200 to prevent buyers remorse. My concern is that I think when you have FM3+FC12+2 Expression Pedals, it will all end up being way too wide for a pedal board rig. I'm a bed room jammer not a rock star. I know the FC6 with holds and layouts can really get the job done, but the FC12 just looks like pure luxury.

So I have a question:

It looks like the FM3 will support 4 external switches, and the FC6 will also support 4 extra switches. Does that mean I can theoretically add 8 more? Because then I know I'm making the right call with the FC6. Even 4 extra is enough insurance really but who knows. Maybe I'll want 8 one day. I know it's overkill but I guess the dream is to have preset/scene controls and stomps for individual effects all at a moments notice.

Could I run 6 expression pedals? :-O (I'd have no idea what to do with the 4th after volume, wah, and whammy and that's pushing it lol.)

Serious question: what dual footswitch do you all recommend? I think this will be key to positioning the FM3 as a great value. For those who don't want to spring for the FC6, I'm sure you can get by with 3 scribble strip switches and 4 addon ones.

Last edited:

chris

Legend!
So I have a question:

It looks like the FM3 will support 4 external switches, and the FC6 will also support 4 extra switches. Does that mean I can theoretically add 8 more? Because then I know I'm making the right call with the FC6. Even 4 extra is enough insurance really but who knows. Maybe I'll want 8 one day. Also what dual footswitch do you all recommend?

Could I run 6 expression pedals? :-O (I'd have no idea what to do with the 4th after volume, wah, and whammy and that's pushing it lol.)
pretty sure yes, if i'm understanding correctly.

Retro Rick

Inspired
I absolutely wouldn't mind upgrading to the FC12 for $200 to prevent buyers remorse.
I could easily see getting buyers remorse upgrading to the FC12... you have it for a while, and find out that because of the clever programming possibilities you would have been perfectly happy with the FC6, and now you have a twice as big/heavy pedal to carry around.

adildo

Inspired
Will the FM3 be able to run MIDI Patch Changes in Logic Via USB (like the AXE FX II/ III and AX8) ?
and If not, would I be better off getting an AX8 if i need something compact for the Live Patch Changes

(currently using the Axefx II for this) - thanks

voes

Fractal Fanatic
Will the FM3 be able to run MIDI Patch Changes in Logic Via USB (like the AXE FX II/ III and AX8) ?
and If not, would I be better off getting an AX8 if i need something compact for the Live Patch Changes

(currently using the Axefx II for this) - thanks
Preset Changes should be no problem. That is a standard Midi Message. Almost every Midi device can handle this.

brokenvail

Fractal Fanatic
Not quite.

Core 2 is done. The only other thing you can put on there is Rev2 which uses 20% and it's currently at 85%.

Core 1 is at 70% and has 30% available so you can do more things. In that patch Core 1 is running IN1, Vol, Wah, Pit, Drv, Cab, Dly1, Dly2, and Out1.
Greg, So there are two cores for all effects and another dedicated processor just for the amp blk?

adildo

Inspired
Preset Changes should be no problem. That is a standard Midi Message. Almost every Midi device can handle this.
awesome . thanks was worried that i would need to get something like a M-audio midiman for the preset changes

brokenvail

Fractal Fanatic
One core for effects and one core for amp and reverbs, plus an accelator for the cab block.
Interesting. Where did you come across that? So unlike the Ax8 with a processor just for amps The FM has the reverb on the same processor as the amp?

Randall d

Inspired
Didn't I read that if you are using an Amp block, you can only use one Reverb block? (Because the Reverb blocks are on the same processor as the Amp block).

mikah912

Inspired
Didn't I read that if you are using an Amp block, you can only use one Reverb block? (Because the Reverb blocks are on the same processor as the Amp block).
That's true. but I think you can use the Plex Delay block, so you can have an airier more etherial verb for cleans AND a modest room verb for rhythms.

TenorKeith

Inspired
Sorry if this has been addressed, but I didn't see an answer. Not being very familiar with Fractal architecture, what is the reasonable expectation for the FM3 with regard to the max amount of things going on in a preset? For example: Drive pedal; Amp; Cab; Modulation, Delay, Reverb, EQ... How many things can be going on at once? Is it the same as the AX8, just at a higher quality because of the new software? I see all these numbers thrown about concerning percentage of DSP, etc., but haven't gotten a real-world idea of what to expect. Thanks!!!

Top Bottom