• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

FM3 hot questions (and, hopefully, answers)

Hi quality Reverb VS standard quality, has anybody with an Axe 3, compared these two? I'm guessing and hoping it's not a huge deal, the FM3 will not have high quality reverbs, hopefully the standard versions will sound great enough.
I turned it on, checked my CPU usage meter to make sure, yeah...it was turned on but I never really noticed anything. lol

Someone knows if FM3 will have only 1 graphic EQ and 1 parametric? And if that the case... Why?

Thanks
Those are cheap blocks usually. I bet they'll have at least 2 of each. Those are a critical point for many people's current presets.

Talking about reverbs higher resolution mode

That’s quite the placebo. :eek: ... ;)
You always pay most dearly for the last percentage of quality. Same with image quality. Try exporting an image at 90%, 95%, and 100% JPEG quality. There's a drastic increase in size (I've noticed at least 10x the size on many occasions easy) but not in observable quality.

I'd studio record with the high setting of course, if possible. Live probably won't matter that much.

pauliusmm

Fractal Fanatic
Hi quality Reverb VS standard quality, has anybody with an Axe 3, compared these two? I'm guessing and hoping it's not a huge deal, the FM3 will not have high quality reverbs, hopefully the standard versions will sound great enough.
I really tried to hear the difference, but to my ears they sounded the same. I imagine in a mix there is no real difference at all.

hippietim

Fractal Fanatic
No, both IRs in the cab block are exploiting HW acceleration. A 2nd cab block doing the same functionality would consume a lot more than 3%. Forget the actual difference but it's not trivial.

Determining a CPU allocation scheme takes some thought. Indeed, last month both delays, both reverbs and the amp were on the 2nd core but we had to compromise Amp quality so we decided against that.
Would it be possible to have the cab block configured for just a single IR (that's all I really use) and have the IR block available and have them both be hardware accelerated? The scenario for me is wanting to apply an acoustic IR to a piezo signal coming from Input 2 running in parallel with a normal electric amp/cab path from Input 1. If not possible to get the IR block accelerated, can we have it anyhow even if it's a little expensive CPU-wise?

Retro Rick

Inspired
I love loopers. What type of looper are we getting with the FM3? How many layers of tracks can it do?
Loopers are super important to me, I use them daily to audition amps, cabs, etc. With so many to choose from, it's key to finding great tone. What I do is play a section of the song (has to be classic rock of course ;)) and loop it, then I audition everything I think will help me nail it.

Bidding War

Inspired
I don't currently own a III but will either the III or the FM3 offer midi sync to Start/Stop/SPP from an external midi device/sequencer?

It would be rad to have the LFO's/Arp/Sequencer all run in perfect sync without additional wizardry like triggering the "run" with an envelope.

Smittefar

Fractal Fanatic
Is the fixed impedance completely impossible to unfix? I really think the fuzz pedals could benefit from that - Please - pretty please.

And also Please - If you just give us one or two global blocks. That would make my preset updating life soooo much easier.

Top Bottom