• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

FM3 hot questions (and, hopefully, answers)

ElectricPhase

Power User
To me the HX is a different market than the FM. Fm competitor in terms of goal and for factor is probably closer to the atomic amplifier. I think lots of people are just looking at other 3 button pedals
This. The HX a neat piece of engineering, but not in the same class as the FM3 for a long list of reasons. Also, keep in mind that the HX requires a large external power supply.

Retro Rick

Inspired
This. The HX a neat piece of engineering, but not in the same class as the FM3 for a long list of reasons. Also, keep in mind that the HX requires a large external power supply.
I Heard that, I have an HX and that power supply is huge, ugly, and is super short, like 2ft.

ksandvik

Experienced
Some companies save engineering cost and power regulator FCC approvals by making an external transformer. It shows signs of good engineering that FM3 has a built--in transformer. I'm always worried about losing one of those external power supplies at gigs and I end up ordering an expensive spare part.

JoKeR III

Experienced
Sorry to play Devil's advocate here, but given that amp channels switching is fast in the FM3 and that it has almost the same amount of power of the AX8 implies that by porting the Ares to AX8 we could have had seamless switching. Is this correct?

Thank you for your time
The AX8 and FM3 are two different platforms. Nothing has been said that would indicate that the AX8 could run "full-on" Ares modeling. Those who believe it is possible and that Fractal is just holding out on us to make money simply haven't been around long enough to know better.

So the FM-3 has handles/rails, but the FC-6 didn't end up shipping with the handles despite showing them early on? My FC-6 is on the way, so I can't verify firsthand.

Was the idea that the handles were part of the prototypes of the FCs and Fractal decided not to include them, or are they available as an option? They don't seem to be present in any of the unboxing videos of the FC-6 I've seen.

It makes sense that they are there for protection on the FM-3, are the handles part of the endcaps? Or are they attached directly to the chassis?

Manny Kuhn

Inspired
So the FM-3 has handles/rails, but the FC-6 didn't end up shipping with the handles despite showing them early on? My FC-6 is on the way, so I can't verify firsthand.

Was the idea that the handles were part of the prototypes of the FCs and Fractal decided not to include them, or are they available as an option? They don't seem to be present in any of the unboxing videos of the FC-6 I've seen.

It makes sense that they are there for protection on the FM-3, are the handles part of the endcaps? Or are they attached directly to the chassis?
They were removed from the FCs as they were getting in the way.
They were interfering with foot presses.

iaresee

It will not have handles.

It's not an option available when you order.

They're attached directly to the chassis and can be removed.

Retro Rick

Inspired
Hi quality Reverb VS standard quality, has anybody with an Axe 3, compared these two? I'm guessing and hoping it's not a huge deal, the FM3 will not have high quality reverbs, hopefully the standard versions will sound great enough.

JoKeR III

Experienced
Hi quality Reverb VS standard quality, has anybody with an Axe 3, compared these two? I'm guessing and hoping it's not a huge deal, the FM3 will not have high quality reverbs, hopefully the standard versions will sound great enough.
I've always run Fractal reverbs at Normal, they're phenomenal! Maybe some critical listeners can tell the difference although I think it's just a placebo making you think they're 'better'. :D

(That's a joke, btw. Sometimes a picture is needed for the cheap seats)

Retro Rick

Inspired
I've always run Fractal reverbs at Normal, they're phenomenal! Maybe some critical listeners can tell the difference although I think it's just a placebo making you think they're 'better'. :D

(That's a joke, btw. Sometimes a picture is needed for the cheap seats)
Cool, I was hoping for that as a response, FAS is usually pretty terrific at giving you way more tools than you need to succeed.

Can’t speak to the III but on the II and FX8 no way they were anything but stellar.

jageya

Inspired
Line 6 cheapens all its gear-the hx stomp is so lame to me for $600. The helix is sturdy but i am still not sold on line 6 tones in their floor units. The spider valve mk2 2-12 combo is still a nice piece of kit.

Stratman68

Fractal Fanatic
So I thought this would be easy to find. Wasn't for me.
I am already on the waitlist but was looking for the sound comparisons between the AX8 and the FM3. Not an actual comaprison I mean just opinions of those that have heard both. Thanks

Top Bottom