FM3 headphones jack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just out of morbid curiosity, how is it the pictures of the FM3 show a headphone jack from day one, the user manual references a headphone jack, but the first units FAS ships go out the door without them?...and then the units that will come with that component that they showed would be there, the ship date gets pushed out...again?

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm3-headphones-jack.158475/post-1891718

That is all we’re permitted to know. No other details on why or how has been shared. There’s a lot of speculation on why or how, but unfortunately that isn’t really welcome here on the manufacturer’s forum.

Welcome to the forum!

I'm using a $23 headphone amp and a $10 cable. Works fine. I travel alot, the FM3 will be my new travel solution

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm3-headphones-jack.158475/post-1891718

That is all we’re permitted to know. No other details on why or how has been shared. There’s a lot of speculation on why or how, but unfortunately that isn’t really welcome here on the manufacturer’s forum.

Welcome to the forum!

No need to speculate. Someone made a boo boo otherwise there would have been some transparency about it. I'm ok waiting at this point though, it seems life got in the way of my FM3 fund... Hopefully by the time they have the full unit available this will be rectified. :p

Shame to have another piece of hardware to bring along. But at least you have the FM3 already. ;)

Yeah... but it's pretty tiny. A little bigger than a Snickers bar.

I really dislike playing with headphones, but at nearly 100% travel, I need a hotel solution.

I've got some patches that sound great in phones, some bleh. Gotta find the missing ingredient. Particularly clean tones, they have very little natural compression. They sound thin and 'plinky'. Maybe a little extra reverb, and a compressor.

I've been working from home this week, so its been FM3>CLR. Sounds fantastic!

Maybe this was already asked, but I couldn’t find it:
If my invite arrives and I want the version with headphones jack, will I loose my position in line and go to the end of line? Or will be in another line?

it's still an exaggerated example, even if out of frustration.

next you know all other forums say "i saw you need to spend $100 just to make headphones work!" which isn't true at all. but someone saw it, so it's proof and real.

$100 is cheap to drive a decent pair of headphones properly. Stop arguing about it.

No need to speculate. Someone made a boo boo otherwise there would have been some transparency about it.

It's human nature to speculate.
Why let people assume a big screw up? Wouldn't that worry folks about future QC issues if something
as blatant as the headphone jacks was 'missed'? Wish we knew the truth rather than having to wonder.

Last edited:
It's human nature to speculate.
Why let people assume a big screw up? Wouldn't that worry folks about future QC issues if something
as blatant as the headphone jacks was 'missed'? Wish we knew the truth rather than having to wonder.

I don’t see how. The issue was addressed and a solution was given before a single unit was shipped and all the units that have made it to buyers are in perfect working order.

Why was a batch made without the headphone feature?

Why does it matter? Perhaps it was missed in QA/QC, perhaps it was an initial run of units, perhaps it was just a slip in the manufacturing process or the drawing.....perhaps someone just had a bad morning at the factory and forgot to punch in some figures....we dont know.......what does that mean to you or how does that affect your ability to purchase the unit?

Answer: it doesn't. It's nice to know and people are curious, including myself, but it's not need to know. If we need to know, they will tell us.

They already told us there isn't a jack on the first run and that they priced accordingly.

I think that's fair, and if you need one with the headphone jack, wait till those come out. It's simple really.

It's cool that it doesn't matter to you.
Other's are curious. Could it happen again?

Sure, mistakes and oversights happen all the time!

Have you never made a mistake at your job before?

Are YOU flawless?

Pretty sure that FAS will ALWAYS handle the situation by doing the right thing. They have a proven track record and are THE BEST I've ever seen for customer service and care.

Relax, you are in good hands, and whatever the cause of the issue I'm SURE they have rectified it and I'm SURE it will never happen again either. FAS means quality and excellence, and if you have been around a bit you surely must have seen that.

Between this and the “Post Here if You’ve Received An Invite!!” thread, there’s some serious toxicity going on around this forum.

People just need to chill out and go play some guitar. No need to go at each others throats over a piece of guitar gear.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom