FM3/GT-1000 Core - Help with 2 issues please

The latency will possibly change in both units depending on what you have running, so trying to match them up can be tedious at best. Digital gear often doesn't play nicely together when put in parallel.

I would do this first as a test.

Since your a/b/y is on the input, use Y for both and run each modelers output to separate tracks in a DAW or separate channels on a mixer with a phase switch. Flip the phase of either track (or channel) and see if if fixes it.

Even better would be to take the a/b/y outputs into the mixer/daw ..flip one track/channel out of phase and send the 2 outputs (at unity gain) back to the modelers inputs.

I bet that will fix most of the cancellation.
If it does work.. you need a phase reversal switch on Or after one channel of the a/b/y

If it doesn't work..
The Ventris also gives you the option of using two of the in/out jacks as an extra effects loop.

But I will agree with others here. Using 3 different DSP engines is likely going to create latency problems in series and potentially phasing /comb filtering problems in parallel.

As a cheap and quick workaround:
You can also use the fractal out 1 block (or out 1 or 2 in the FM9) instead of the a/b/y .. and flip one output phase of by using a custom xlr to 1/4" cable.

Plug the guitar into the fractal input. Insert the out block right after the input block and send it to the GT-1000 input

To phase reverse the Fractal xlr out, make up a custom xlr to 1/4" cable using xlr pin 1 for ground and pin 3 for hot and it will flip the phase .

This routing will not allow for an effects loop on the FM3 though since it steals an out block.

And also this!
You can keep you loop and not spend a bunch of $$$

if it is 180° out of phase you can add a cheap 1:1 isolation transformer inside of the a/b/y switch. They are just a few $ on Amazon. Cut the leads to the B out jack and insert the transformer in the middle, reversing the connections to the jack side (secondary in transformer speak)

I will be happy to send you a 1:1 transformer, but it might take a while to get to Oz.

Last edited:
Wow! Thank you for your very generous advice and offer WKSmith (as with everyone else).
Whilst I am extremely appreciative, I must also face the reality of my level of non-expertise, along with my ill informed initial desire.
It would seem to me from what you have all contributed that, whilst there may be 'fixes' to achieve what I initially was curious about, it seems that it would be a bit like working out how to hammer the proverbial square peg into the round hole.
All your thoughts and suggestions have been a very valuable lesson, rest assured it has been learned. I will put my efforts into practice, rather than trying to make the jigsaw puzzle pieces fit where they shouldn't.
Thank you all!

The gt1000 routing options are so flexible and have 2 effect loops and 3 parralele dividers.
I would not use the Y pedal switch and have the fm3 and its other effects into the gt1000. Bear in mind that the boss pedal has way less latency and higher sampling rates in it ad/da converters, this tainting the sound less.
you could probably do the equivalent of a 4cm integrating the fm3 within the gt1000core.
I have both at home too.

Back
Top Bottom