FM3 gigbag or case?

I guess I'm in the minority here.

I just received the Studio Slip for the FM3/FC-6 (standard size, not deluxe version). I feel it's just a little too snug and could benefit from having an extra inch added to every dimension to give it a little 'removal clearance' per side. It's an extremely tight fit to slide an EV-1 all the way into the pocket.

I guess I'm in the minority here.

I just received the Studio Slip for the FM3/FC-6 (standard size, not deluxe version). I feel it's just a little too snug and could benefit from having an extra inch added to every dimension to give it a little 'removal clearance' per side. It's an extremely tight fit to slide an EV-1 all the way into the pocket.
The pocket was designed for a pair of EV-2. I have the original “deluxe” bag and lately use it with two of the Dunlop (X) Mini pedals and they fit into the pocket with even more room for extra cables.

The bag is designed to fit snugly to keep the two units from shifting around. If you turn the units so they nest, i.e., the front of one is over the back of the other they should make a more compact bundle.

If you turn the units so they nest, i.e., the front of one is over the back of the other they should make a more compact bundle.
Thanks Craig. That is indeed the only way it made sense to me to pack them. I originally wrote 'studio slip' but it's the gig bag that I got from them. But they do say the pocket can fit an EV-1 but it's a suffocating fit. I can barely get it in and out. I doubt I'll use that pocket for that purpose.

Thanks Craig. That is indeed the only way it made sense to me to pack them. I originally wrote 'studio slip' but it's the gig bag that I got from them. But they do say the pocket can fit an EV-1 but it's a suffocating fit. I can barely get it in and out. I doubt I'll use that pocket for that purpose.
“Greg”

I got an oversized laptop shoulder bag and put the FM-3 in that. Then, I put THAT bag in a Pelican 1535 roller case. There's enough room in this case to put an extra set of stage clothes (in case they lose my luggage), a Boss FS-5L, a Boss FS-5U and a few cables.
Anyway, I roll that Pelican case through the airport. If I have to gate check the Pelican case because I'm on a small plane (CRJ-200 for example), I take the laptop bag out of the case and I carry that bag on the plane. I put that shoulder bag (which has the FM-3 inside of it) in the overhead compartment or under the seat in front of me.
The laptop bag offers a little bit of padding in the Pelican 1535 roller case and protects the FM-3, not as much as foam would, but enough for me since the FM-3 is always in my care.
This method has served me very well for over a few years.
Here's a link to that Pelican case, which I got with no foam:
https://www.pelican.com/us/en/product/cases/carry-on-case/air/1535?sku=015350-0012-110
Hope this helps.

Mono M80 Small case fits the fm3, cables, expression pedals and has a pocket for extra things like an iPad etc.

I used this ( D'Addario Backline Gear Transport Pack) when I was gigging with the FM3. Plenty of room in top for FM3 and Expression Pedal and bottom has space for cables, mic, etc. Extras pockets on sides and front. The dividers can be removed or arranged as required.

2.jpeg3.jpeg1.jpeg

I used this ( D'Addario Backline Gear Transport Pack) when I was gigging with the FM3. Plenty of room in top for FM3 and Expression Pedal and bottom has space for cables, mic, etc. Extras pockets on sides and front. The dividers can be removed or arranged as required.

View attachment 103796View attachment 103797View attachment 103798

I use the Backline bag for my FM9 or FC-12, plus a crap-ton of odds and ends. There's more than enough room there for an FM3.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm9-case.176183/post-2173428

I got this today at GC for $40. Accu-case ADJ F4 Par Bag. It comes with removable velcro padding but I also stuck an old padded laptop sleeve in there. Inner dimensions: 14 x 10 x 9.25. 20220622_201540.jpg20220622_201528.jpg20220622_201423.jpg

Last edited:
I got an oversized laptop shoulder bag and put the FM-3 in that. Then, I put THAT bag in a Pelican 1535 roller case. There's enough room in this case to put an extra set of stage clothes (in case they lose my luggage), a Boss FS-5L, a Boss FS-5U and a few cables.
Anyway, I roll that Pelican case through the airport. If I have to gate check the Pelican case because I'm on a small plane (CRJ-200 for example), I take the laptop bag out of the case and I carry that bag on the plane. I put that shoulder bag (which has the FM-3 inside of it) in the overhead compartment or under the seat in front of me.
The laptop bag offers a little bit of padding in the Pelican 1535 roller case and protects the FM-3, not as much as foam would, but enough for me since the FM-3 is always in my care.
https://www.pelican.com/us/en/product/cases/carry-on-case/air/1535?sku=015350-0012-110
Hope this helps.
@Willis
Hope this helps.
@Willis
Did you get this case because it Don't Treat You Bad or because it's your Love Of A Lifetime?

Back
Top Bottom