FM3 General Discussion Thread

Hmm, what happened to S/PDIF? An S/PDIF output is shown on the pictures on the product page, but not in the manual... the only reference I could find in the manual is the specifications page, where S/PDIF is still mentioned.
Interesting catch. Manual doesn't show S/PDIF, photo on web page does.

Now I am starting to believe! I almost pulled the trigger on a used AX8 last week. Now I’m glad I didn’t.
And I almost pulled the trigger to get a tube head from Kool Amplification in the netherlands just after receiving their great handmade dumble style 2x12 cab with really cool looking black rose tolex. Therefore I would have pushed the buy of a FM 3 till next year to prevend my wife from getting crazy 😀

The best thing of the FM 3 will be the fact that I will use it in four different situations:

1. As a superb amp modeler to record tracks for productions on my ipad pro (with external audio interface)
2. As a wonderful sounding practice amplifier with good quality headphones in the evening when our son is sleeping
3. As the heart of my upcoming signal chain for gigging:

FM 3 - Seymour Duncan Powerstage 170 - Kool XOSN212 cabinet
4. As a standalone unit for a weekly jam session in a small pub with an even smaller stage to go directly into FOH

Doing all these four things without making compromises on sound and feel will make the FM 3 the best purchase that I can imagine for years 😊🤘

Thanks Matt for reminding people to be nice to each other and all of us should be nice to FAS staff, too 😊

They uploaded Fractal Audio Block Guide also. There are only a few changes between Fm3 and Axe 3 blocks . Looks great so far this new info :D

The manual mentions 80% as being the safe limit for the cpu and adjusting the reverb quality to reduce it.
I wonder if this is just something copied from the axe fx manual that needs to be corrected or if what Greg Girardin mentioned months ago (reverb running on the amp core and normalized dual cpu meters) was ditched for some reason.
@Admin M@ ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom