FM3 General Discussion Thread

I'm curious if the FX Send and FX Return jacks will be TRS stereo? My goal is to have a stereo effects loop and another stereo input at the same time for backing tracks. That's typically how I practice/goof around.

I'm curious if the FX Send and FX Return jacks will be TRS stereo? My goal is to have a stereo effects loop and another stereo input at the same time for backing tracks. That's typically how I practice/goof around.

Nope. The sends are humbuster and the returns are balanced.

fm3-press-release-photo-jpg.54276

Nope. The sends are humbuster and the returns are balanced.

Dang, hate to go with a Helix due to the size but I might have to.

Wish there was an aux input, or maybe someone has a more creative way to play along with backing tracks and have everything together in my headphones.

Last edited:
Wish there was an aux input, or maybe someone has a more creative way to play along with backing tracks and have everything together in my headphones.

You don't need an extra input for backing tracks: the FM3 is a USB Audio Interface. Connect it to a computer and pay the backing tracks to your choice of outputs.

You don't need an extra input for backing tracks: the FM3 is a USB Audio Interface. Connect it to a computer and pay the backing tracks to your choice of outputs.

I was hoping for a solution without a computer, but that would work if I have to. Right now I only have a desktop PC down in the basement but was hoping to practice somewhere else occasionally and not be tethered to the PC all the time.

I was hoping for a solution without a computer, but that would work if I have to. Right now I only have a desktop PC down in the basement but was hoping to practice somewhere else occasionally and not be tethered to the PC all the time.

My Android phone will happily send audio (over a USB cable) to my old Audiobox USB interface without even having to configure anything. I assume that would work just as well with Fractal gear but maybe someone here can confirm.

Use your phone then.

Hoping the phone can somehow interface with the FM3 to mix its audio with my guitar and be able to hear both thru the headphones. Don't want to annoy my wife!
My FRFR (Yamaha DXR10) has 3 inputs. I use the first with an ax8 and the second with my phone/PC for backing tracks.
Maybe if you plan to go through an FRFR you could do the same. Of course you could set the volume very low if needed, like me (I live in an apartment)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom