FM3: G66 availability?

I jumped on the waiting list today, for the second time.

Sadly when the first time I was contacted I was not in a great financial situation and I had to pass. This time I’ll get it finally!!!

Is there any news about the components shortage? i’m from Argentina, the official dealer has no info about when Fractal will ship the next batch, meanwhile in the US and Canada has no waitlist and we need to wait for months to have the unit. Sorry i’m upset and no one from Fractal gives any info.

Is there any news about the components shortage? i’m from Argentina, the official dealer has no info about when Fractal will ship the next batch, meanwhile in the US and Canada has no waitlist and we need to wait for months to have the unit. Sorry i’m upset and no one from Fractal gives any info.
"...no one from Fractal gives any info"?

Fractal is VERY up-front about issues and has been...

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fractal-audio-price-increases.172895/#post-2090193

"...no one from Fractal gives any info"?

Fractal is VERY up-front about issues and has been...

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fractal-audio-price-increases.172895/#post-2090193
Did you read the thread? And also my post? I don’t mind about the new cost, i’ve already paid mine. The thing is the offcial reseller has NO info from fractal on the status of the fabrication and/or shipment. And this is the same scenario from more than a month ago, so in a entire month they dont’t have any info? Don’t get me wrong here, i love this products, had the ax8 since a lot of years and give no more than happiness, but i’m upset that i don’t have any official info.

Did you read the thread? And also my post? I don’t mind about the new cost, i’ve already paid mine. The thing is the offcial reseller has NO info from fractal on the status of the fabrication and/or shipment. And this is the same scenario from more than a month ago, so in a entire month they dont’t have any info? Don’t get me wrong here, i love this products, had the ax8 since a lot of years and give no more than happiness, but i’m upset that i don’t have any official info.
Did you read the linked thread, and notice the date it was created by Fractal, two days ago, and what things Fractal was able to tell us, that the chips are not available because there's a shortage? That is as up-to-date and honest as I've seen any manufacturer be. How much more up-to-date and official does it need to be?

These are unprecedented times for the world and manufacturing and shipping are badly affected. We saw delays and year-long wait lists for the FM3, which seem to be returning until the supply chain gets moving again. Being demanding and impatient isn't going to speed things up.

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=Semiconductor+Shortage&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Last edited:
Did you read the linked thread, and notice the date it was created by Fractal, two days ago, and what things Fractal was able to tell us, that the chips are not available because there's a shortage? That is as up-to-date and honest as I've seen any manufacturer be. How much more up-to-date and official does it need to be?

These are unprecedented times for the world and manufacturing and shipping are badly affected. We saw delays and year-long wait lists for the FM3, which seem to be returning until the supply chain gets moving again. Being demanding and impatient isn't going to speed things up.

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=Semiconductor+Shortage&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
Ok i get it you want to defend the brand, that’s ok. But you are not getting my point, it’s global knowledge the semiconductor shortage and news google’ed are not fractal’s news, so again, why the official reseller doesn’t have news from the brand? Also meanwhile in the US anda Canada there is no waitlist. And again, i get it, US market is way more bigger than 3rd world market where i live… nevertheless, i’ll still be angry and yeah you’re right is not going to be fast because of it, but if my reseller tells me “i have official news, we need to wait 2 more months at least”, that’s ok at least i know.

Ok i get it you want to defend the brand, that’s ok. But you are not getting my point, it’s global knowledge the semiconductor shortage and news google’ed are not fractal’s news, so again, why the official reseller doesn’t have news from the brand? Also meanwhile in the US anda Canada there is no waitlist. And again, i get it, US market is way more bigger than 3rd world market where i live… nevertheless, i’ll still be angry and yeah you’re right is not going to be fast because of it, but if my reseller tells me “i have official news, we need to wait 2 more months at least”, that’s ok at least i know.

Maybe they just don't know. I had to wait 14 months for my FM3 and during that wait I'd send an email to G66 and get a very polite response from Sussi saying there was no news.
Then one day she sent me a message saying that my unit was available so I ordered it

Thing is, maybe no one can answer your question at this time. Bear in mind that Fractal and your local supplier want to sell you that product just as much, if not more, than you want to buy it. So if they're not telling you anything then there's no news

I agree that official reseller not being able to offer at least some vague "we will be getting more units within x months" timeline, even before COVID and shortages, is just bad. Fractal should know how many they can produce within a timeframe, how many they plan to ship in one batch and a rough estimate for when that allocation is filled and ready to ship. If that is not relayed to the reseller and subsequently to people whose FM3 would be in that batch then that's just badly managed.

To me the waitlist stuff makes me less inclined to order a Fractal product in Europe. I only bought a FM3 because one became available used at the right time. I can go to Thomann today and get an instant timeline quote for when I can expect to get a Quad Cortex. "Several months" it says, which is still better than "We don't know" from G66. Note that I am not blaming G66 here, Fractal is the one who should be keeping them up to date.

It seems you haven’t been keeping up with the Quad Cortex thread on TGP…
I have and I own one. I get that it was delayed multiple times over and US shipping has been full of issues.

But all this time I have been kept in the loop by Thomann where they have issued notices about delays based on what they get from NeuralDSP. NeuralDSP have even been mentioning how many units per batch they have shipped to various vendors.

Fractal has been at this for years now so they should be able to do better than these waitlists.

Maybe they just don't know. I had to wait 14 months for my FM3 and during that wait I'd send an email to G66 and get a very polite response from Sussi saying there was no news.
Then one day she sent me a message saying that my unit was available so I ordered it

Thing is, maybe no one can answer your question at this time. Bear in mind that Fractal and your local supplier want to sell you that product just as much, if not more, than you want to buy it. So if they're not telling you anything then there's no news
could be that no one can answer me, sometimes i forgot that i have to wait a lot of time, but in my case i had to sell my ax8 to buy the fm3 so right now i don’t have anything…
I agree that official reseller not being able to offer at least some vague "we will be getting more units within x months" timeline, even before COVID and shortages, is just bad. Fractal should know how many they can produce within a timeframe, how many they plan to ship in one batch and a rough estimate for when that allocation is filled and ready to ship. If that is not relayed to the reseller and subsequently to people whose FM3 would be in that batch then that's just badly managed.

To me the waitlist stuff makes me less inclined to order a Fractal product in Europe. I only bought a FM3 because one became available used at the right time. I can go to Thomann today and get an instant timeline quote for when I can expect to get a Quad Cortex. "Several months" it says, which is still better than "We don't know" from G66. Note that I am not blaming G66 here, Fractal is the one who should be keeping them up to date.
I‘ll always be a fractal guy, but in this case i’m upset of my situation. I fell that there is a chance to tell your client “this is the status” and no one does it.

Hi, I have not read the whole thread yet, but does anybody know how is it going the waitlist in G66? I have got into it just 2 months ago, as soon as I have sold my old Axe Fx II + MFC101, and I am wondering how much time it takes on average.

Pfff, heard about FM3 delivery delays. First try was a neural cortex but after 3 delays I cancelled it, tired of waiting and put me on the waiting list. The device should be delivered in may but at 20th may I heard about delays till ..... probably begin june. Now I hear nothing anymore. Seems Covid has its influence on everyting on the planet. I hope it will be june at last when I got the FM3. Neural Cortex is risen in price allready and you have to pay allmost 1900 euro's for one but with those delays this all is absurd. It looks as if chips all are going to AI ...... I find it strange that fractal mentions nothing on its websites etc. In the US one can get a FM3 in a couple of days but in Europe we have to wait till we are old and sick. Honestly I think that all those things come to an end soon since the chips are claimed by the big companies and we might even see that Neural, Fractal, Kemper, Line 6 etc will go down all.

Seems like reading and understanding is still overrated.

Pfff, heard about FM3 delivery delays. First try was a neural cortex but after 3 delays I cancelled it, tired of waiting and put me on the waiting list. The device should be delivered in may but at 20th may I heard about delays till ..... probably begin june. Now I hear nothing anymore. Seems Covid has its influence on everyting on the planet. I hope it will be june at last when I got the FM3. Neural Cortex is risen in price allready and you have to pay allmost 1900 euro's for one but with those delays this all is absurd. It looks as if chips all are going to AI ...... I find it strange that fractal mentions nothing on its websites etc. In the US one can get a FM3 in a couple of days but in Europe we have to wait till we are old and sick. Honestly I think that all those things come to an end soon since the chips are claimed by the big companies and we might even see that Neural, Fractal, Kemper, Line 6 etc will go down all.

unless you are in north america you need to wait… till end of times, 2 months and still counting for mine, while some markets has their benefits and over stock, i have a friend that bought 3 in the US to resell in my country, patience we don't have a choice

Back
Top Bottom