FM3: G66 availability?

@nlaaln

Curious, why are you even on this forum, as someone who doesn't own FAS gear? Just to be able to post nasty comments?
Since you’re asking: I did own an FM3 and decided - for several reasons, not necessarily technical - that it did not suit my purposes. I am convinced about the sound quality and would have bought an Axe FX III in the meantime had they been available, and am still planning to do so. Does that satisfy you ? And if you consider calling out a company for getting their distributors in hot water (by prohibiting them shipping out paid goods without any kind of explanation) “nasty”, well....

Since you’re asking: I did own an FM3 and decided - for several reasons, not necessarily technical - that it did not suit my purposes. I am convinced about the sound quality and would have bought an Axe FX III in the meantime had they been available, and am still planning to do so. Does that satisfy you ? And if you consider calling out a company for getting their distributors in hot water (by prohibiting them shipping out paid goods without any kind of explanation) “nasty”, well....

Weird, on August 15th you wrote that you never got around trying a FAS product and that you decided on another brand. Which is fine of course.

Anyway, I’m using the word “nasty” because almost every post of yours here and on TGP has been negative. I’m still curious.

The only thing that bothers me in this particular case is that I paid for the device and that I am therefore the owner of the device. If there are any problems, it would be fine if I as the owner are familiar with them. Is there any logic in that?

It makes no sense to try to justify not informing the client of the reason for the delay, alluding that it is surely for the good of the client, no one doubts that. Justifying this delay by referring to the beta of a firmware is ridiculous since the user himself can do it at home in peace.

I sincerely think that Fractal or G66 should give explanations to customers.

Regards

Because of endless delays and all the other „bad news“ surrounding the FM3 launch, I let G66 delete my 1st day waitlist entry a couple of weeks ago. And I guess it was the right decision.

However, the folks at G66 seem to be really, really nice people, and I feel bad for them. They are likely the ones that are hit the hardest by Fractal‘s problems with the FM3 launch, without being responsible for the situation. I hope, all the issues will eventually get solved and G66 can resume shipping units to their customers.

(EDIT December 25 2020: I am really pleased to see that most of the FM3‘s issues have been addressed and it is now getting regular firmware updates. I re-entered the G66 wait list and should get my unit in January or February.)

Last edited:
However, the folks at G66 seem to be really, really nice people, and I feel bad for them. They are likely the ones that are hit the hardest by Fractal‘s problems with the FM3 launch, without being responsible for the situation. I hope, all the issues will eventually get solved and G66 can resume shipping units to their customers.

Nobody is blaming G66, of course they have no liability for this delivery delay. They are indeed nice people.

Weird, on August 15th you wrote that you never got around trying a FAS product and that you decided on another brand. Which is fine of course.

Anyway, I’m using the word “nasty” because almost every post of yours here and on TGP has been negative. I’m still curious.

Well, that was 3 weeks ago. Got an alternative solution, not a “brand” but did get around to trying an FM3 in the meantime (receipt in front of me) and was - and still am - impressed with the product (no issues here, h*ll, the thing even came with a headphone out). With FA as a company, less so. If it did more towards communication instead of having their mods prowl the internet for dissent voices or inconsistencies, then, maybe. But you know what, as an admin, feel free to delete this account. FA and me don’t owe each other sh*t and will be just as fine without each other.

Hey guys, what about the new Firmware, any goodies you liked a lot ? New factory presets also if I understood well. Looking really forward to receive mine, was waiting years and years for such a compact solution for use on travelling and despite some difficulties I'm sure it will be another great experience; just listen to some of the YouTube presentations...

Mine has been announced today to be shipped next thursday or friday. From Germany this does take some time since the Covid situation; so should have it about one week later I guess.

Mine has been announced today to be shipped next thursday or friday. From Germany this does take some time since the Covid situation; so should have it about one week later I guess.

Cool! When did you sign up to the waiting list?

Ooooke. Because G66 was giving us the info, that everybody in 2019 got their invitation. My hope was that the 2020 waiting list was moving forward ...

Ooooke. Because G66 was giving us the info, that everybody in 2019 got their invitation. My hope was that the 2020 waiting list was moving forward ...
Concerning the WL for Europe G66 assumes the waiting time for those who join the waitlist now will be about three months. The waitlist could be over by the end of the year. Obviously if everything would run smoothly

Reactions: Ole
Back
Top Bottom