FM3: G66 availability?

i joined waitlist fm3 today, when will i be invited?
No one knows, and most predictions will be completely baseless, but one thing for sure: Not any time soon.
My blind guess is that the FM3 might even be freely available for purchase before you get an invitation... so you never will.

that seems substantially more expensive than the US prices. Makes more sense to get it from there through a friend. In just a few months the waiting list will be cleared so in my opinion it makes more sense to do that.

I just got my FM3 without headphone out yesterday and am blown away with the quality of the unit compared to the Ax8 I’ve got. Headphones isn’t a big deal for me as I plug into an interface or my amp. 3 switches are ample for the stuff I’m doing and I’m getting my head round them as well.
The quality of service from G66 was outstanding as well - one happy guitarist !

would it be better to buy a used ax8?

The AX8 only has two advantages over FM3: Price and size, When compared to FM3 that is grouped with the equivalent number of foot switches. Otherwise, the FM3 beats the AX8 in every way.

Here's what I go by: "Buy nice or buy twice".
To expand the thought, avoid making pitstops between buying what you actually want to buy. Just wait a bit.
If you are buying gear while being sure you'll upgrade again in the relatively near future, you are wasting money and time.
what's the gear that you currently have?
A tube amp, maybe? Is it a bad rig? Is it preventing you from making music? No. Play on.

For sure, the FM3 is newer, more CPU power etc... Anyway I bought a couple months ago AX8 and I am very happy with it !!! After trying and spending some money on various efects, multieffects, only with AX8 I found the tone which was never possible with other (and cheaper) effects. Of course if you are a PRO or semiPRO player no doubt the FX III is for you, but for everything under PRO level is AX8 a great deal too. The effects and amp modeling alghorytm in AX8, FX3 and FX III is the same so quality of sound processing is great in every model. Only the CPU power... and price of course.
Finally, when you play music and want to find an aimed tone or tone of favorite band, with AX8 you will be happy for sure.
Why ? The answer is..because FRACTAL !!! :)

i know tomorrow i’ll be buying a used ax8. i can’t wait for years for fm3. i could also buy a used fm3 but price is too high.
there are some used fm3 online but overpriced (1600 -700 euro)

btw with my AX8 I bought also FRFR active speakers system (Electrovoice) and it sounds amazing, exactly as you really want. Excellent solution I can say. When you need to move on some live performance you have only 3 pieces of gear (guitar, AX8 and speakers) everything of lightweight and sounding great and powerfull. After months of searching evaluating watching rewiews of various amps, speakers combos... decided for FRFR and I can realy recomend it.

Hey! Any new invitations with hp? I’m an April 23 and still waiting
As they said, they won't get the Headphone units till the end of the month.
I find it weird that they were sending invites for a unit they don't yet have at all.
But it should not be surprising that they stopped. They can only deal with so many people on the first day...

EU guy still waiting for the first HP batch (predicted end of July) got this message today:
“Unexpectedly, we’ve just been informed that the shipment will be about three weeks delayed. We will inform you when we get the new shipping date.”
Can you say “circus”, boys and girls ?

Back
Top Bottom