FM3 fw 5.01 distorted audio

laxu

Fractal Fanatic
I started my FM3 with fw 5.01 today and the audio I was getting through it was all distorted like if I was listening through the tiniest, crappiest speaker ever made or some sort of synth. I turned the device off and restarted it and the issue was no longer present.

The preset was a simple IN1 - drive - amp - cab - reverb / delay in parallel - OUT1. The distorted sound happened even on the clean tone.

After opening FM3-Edit it would start reading block definitions again even though it had just done so after updating to the latest version at the time of writing.

The FM3 is connected to my Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 2nd gen via both analog Output 1 using balanced cables and via SPDIF. Both gave the same sound and only a reboot fixed it.

I had this happen to me the other day, which was also resolved with a restart. I didn’t have FM3 Edit open at the time, so I can’t confirm that behaviour, but all I could hear was a glitchy digital sound that was similar to what you described.

I had this happen to me the other day, which was also resolved with a restart. I didn’t have FM3 Edit open at the time, so I can’t confirm that behaviour, but all I could hear was a glitchy digital sound that was similar to what you described.
Yes probably the same issue. I am guessing something goes wrong with the initialization of the unit.

Yep, that reading the block definitions in Edit every time happens over here as well. That is when the unit starts up as it should (see my other post in this section).

Back
Top Bottom