Fixed [FM3 FW 3.02] Presets screen "freezes" while changing preset, Tuner solves the problem

vz42

Hi guys!

I am new on this forum, this is my first post. I used an AX8 since 2018 July - 2 weeks ago I got my FM3+FC6, and finally I feel "coming home". I like all of the great, small and bigger details on it. The best digital device, I ever had.

Yesterday I updated the firmware version to the 3.02, and just noticed a small bug - or at least I think, this is a bug.
I can reproduce it easily - you can check it, maybe you're noticing also:
The "bug" reproduction:
Go to the Presets screen, and change to an another preset, which is on the screen's list. The new preset is chosen, but the cursor remains on the previously selected preset. Start the Tuner and after you close it, the cursor is refreshed, and it shows the actual, new preset now. Fortunately this is the only "bug". I can reproduce it with the FM3 device and also with the FM3-Edit (macOS). I can switch between presets, but the Presets screen freezes on this "first" preset.
Workaround:
The Tuner function refreshes it, but I have to switch it on and off after every preset changing.
My expectations:
If the Presets screen is active, and I changing presets (for example incrementally +/-), it should show the actual preset.
My setup in a nutshell:
FM3:
Footswitch 1: previous preset, Footswitch 2: next preset, Footswitch 3: tuner
FC6:
All of the footswitches are per-preset switches (scene selections mainly).

Sidenote:
This is a very very good update, finally I can see the Presets screen in the whole time - even if I change presets - , and not switching back automatically to the Home screen every time (like in 3.01). On the stage it's a clearly visible setlist (no more paper-setlists!), even if all the stage lights are turned off - thank you Fractal!

I hope, this is not a duplicated problem report - I didn't find any discussion about it. I attach a photo, hopefully the point is visible. FM3 shows the preset 0. (0. SEAR BLISS main preset), FC6 shows the actual preset (3. A mirror in the forest SD).
Can you check it, it's a bug, or it is the correct behaviour?

Thank you,
Zoltan

fm3_presetscreen_bug.jpg

Update:
If I switch to another screen, and back to the Presets screen, it solves also the problem, like the Tuner.

OP, please confirm the issue being fixed after installing the latest beta.

Next Tuesday I have an online gig, after that I will check it - before it don't want to make any changes in the firmware. :)

Sorry for the late reaction - I tried the new 3.03 beta, and the Presets screen works flawlessly. Thank you guys!
When will be available the final 3.03?

Back
Top Bottom