FM3 Future Updates and Support?

I don't think the fm9 is seen as replacing fm3 going by fractal's description (which makes sense considering what the fm3 is).

FAS is calling the three products a "family," which I presume means they're different hardware revisions of the same software. They will be running as close to the same firmware as possible as long as Fractal sees fit, which is usually a very long time.

I believe Line6 does a similar thing with the Helix, all the products have a similar/same firmware, but different capabilities and hardware functions.

The fm9 is not the replace of fm3 if i understood... Also looking to the competitors there was something missing probably.. And with fm3 in my opinion you can cover 95% of the rock hard rock metal music..

I hope so - i'll definitely not the replace my FM3, i don't need more CPU/buttons .. only global blocks and an updated pitch block :p

I hope so - i'll definitely not the replace my FM3, i don't need more CPU/buttons .. only global blocks and an updated pitch block :p
I feel the same. I very seldom need more cpu and if I do there are many workarounds in those cases. I do think or wish they would add a double tap feature on the 3 buttons which would essentially give us 9 switches in the space of 3.

Sean Meredith-Jones

Yes I like the idea of the FM9 but being a bedroom player, I don’t really need the FM9 now. The FM3 is perfect for my desktop and for recording. But I can see a lot people wanting to upgrade for their purposes. Also, the price in Canadian dollars with shipping and taxes is off putting

Last edited:
If anything I think the release of the FM9 means longer support and more updates for the FM3. It’s basically the same platform just more CPUs so I imagine there will be a lot of cross pollination of updates.

I think you're 100% on the money. Fractal's trying to work smarter, not harder here.
Very much like what helix has been doing with the Helix, LT, Stomp,Stomp XL & podGo, and native. If Fractal does make a native offering, that would be great too.

Sean Meredith-Jones

Yes I like the idea of the FM9 but being a bedroom player, I don’t really need the FM9 now. The FM3 is perfect for my desktop and for recording. But I can see a lot people wanting to upgrade for their purposes.
The 9 won’t fit on my desk anyway haha.

I just had this one question to confirm my theory. That Fractal isn’t trying to screw anyone here, and they’re expanding based on demand.

I honestly wasn’t sure.

Very much like what helix has been doing with the Helix, LT, Stomp,Stomp XL & podGo, and native. If Fractal does make a native offering, that would be great too.

Sean Meredith-Jones
Fractal COULD make guitar processor VST…

But I doubt they would as I’d imagine it would be a huge waste of time considering they’ve insisted on a high standard for this long.

I’ve tried most of the guitar VSTs out there, you cannot get the same performance and accuracy on non-dedicated hardware.

If anything I think the release of the FM9 means longer support and more updates for the FM3. It’s basically the same platform just more CPUs so I imagine there will be a lot of cross pollination of updates.
FM3 and FM9 have different CPUs from different manufactures with different architectures. FM9 is closer to AF3 instead of FM3

Back
Top Bottom