(FM3=>FRFR) + (Tube Power AMP=>Cabinet)

Hello All!

I want to play into power amp with cabinet and FRFR monitor at the same time (Simultaneously)

I think settings must be something like this:

| Chanel 1 FRFR monitor (Power Amp modeling = on, Cabinet modeling = Active)
|FM3|
| Chanel 2 Tube Power Amp + Cabinet 412 (Power Amp modeling = off, Cabinet modeling = Bypassed)

But I can't switch off PA and cab separately for different channels...

How to switch correct setting?

Or it must be correct by new update?

I Hope FAS can find decision or can create new update for all FAS Family III.

Best regards Maxim.

Last edited:
What do you mean by 'at the same time'?

Simultaneously send signal to both FRFR and Tube amp/cab? Both playing at the same time?

or

A/B switch between them? (only one plays at a time)

You mention using Channels so it suggests it's A/B switching between them(?)

Do you need to switch during a single playing session - or is it picking one option for the whole session/gig?

There's different options depending on your exact requirements

Page 33 of the FM3 Manual a good starting point

You will not want to use Global Settings to set power amp modeling off or cab modeling off if you intend to switch between FRFR and Tube power amp/4x12 within one preset (A/B switching using Channels). Leave Global settings PA and Cab modeling 'On' (Default)

You can set the Supply Sag value to 0 in an individual amp block's settings to manually disable it's power amp modeling. FM3 owners: Is that possible to do on the Ch2 instance of the Amp without affecting the Amp Sag value on Ch1?

You can branch off to a separate output before the output 1 cab block and use that new 'no cab block' output to send the signal to the tube power amp and 4x12 (like pg 33 in Manual)

If you plan to use either only FRFR for a session or only tube amp/4x12 for a session then probably better to simply use a separate preset for each option

You will have better options using separate presets (more CPU available for maybe adding additional EQ blocks etc to fine-tune the output signal for it's intended monitoring type etc. or you can manually go in and change Global Settings Power Amp modeling/ Cab modelling on/off values before using each set of presets)

If you want to simultaneously run both options at the same time you'll have trouble. For best results you'd likely need to use 2 separate amp blocks (not possible with FM3 - you'd need the AxeFX III). But even using separate amp blocks still probably means having 2 separate chains with separate FX blocks after the amp block for each option - CPU gets eaten up pretty quickly

Running both simultaneously would be likely be too messy sound wise to listen to I reckon.

maxdown

yes, simultaneously!

I know that it is problem in this update...

But few months ago I had Hotone ampero, and this chinees junk (wich costs 250$) has option that allows user to control PA and CAB simulations seperately for Ch1 and Ch2.
And this is very strange for me that best guitar processor in the world have problems with it.

Is it real to creat this options for FM3 and AXE III?

Last edited:
Sorry and no offence if I'm wrong but this sounds like a bit of trolling my friend ...... I'm gone

If you mean a traditional tube amp for guitar, then two separate amp blocks would be optimal (FM3 has a single one). However, acceptable results can still be obtained with PA Modeling enabled going through a guitar-oriented tube amp.

If you mean using a neutral tube amp, like a Fryette Power Station, which doesn't require disabling PA Modeling on the FM3, it is certainly possible on the FM3.

There are very good reasons why cab modeling can't simply be disabled on a specific output. The Hotone probably has a different architecture and can't serve as a comparison.

Spend some time reading the manual, wiki etc.

Back
Top Bottom