Fixed FM3 freezing

Mine freezes after I do maybe 4 or 5 navigation moves on the front panel. In Axe edit it does not freeze, only freezes on front panel. I’m on 1.03

Thank you for trying. What kind of navigation moves are causing it to crash? Are you switching presets when it freezes?
I just received mine on Wednesday and have only spent about two hours total messing with it. I updated to 1.04b7 a bit ago and was switching presets using the dial, trying them one by one so they weren't quick switches. Screen faded to white. After a power cycle it worked but booted to the preset I was on before I switched to the next one in line when the freeze happened. 171-Stacked Modulation was the one I was on and that it booted back up to. 172-Clean Pop Rhythm was what I had switched to when the screen faded.

I just received mine on Wednesday and have only spent about two hours total messing with it. I updated to 1.04b7 a bit ago and was switching presets using the dial, trying them one by one so they weren't quick switches. Screen faded to white. After a power cycle it worked but booted to the preset I was on before I switched to the next one in line when the freeze happened.
can you say what preset froze or the one before it?

most of the time if there's a freeze while changing to different presets, a specific preset (or multiple) has an issue causing the freeze. if we can know what presets are doing that, we can adjust them.

can you say what preset froze or the one before it?

most of the time if there's a freeze while changing to different presets, a specific preset (or multiple) has an issue causing the freeze. if we can know what presets are doing that, we can adjust them.
I updated my OP. I was also connected to my laptop via USB at the time, and FM3 Edit was open but I was switching from the unit itself.

I updated my OP. I was also connected to my laptop via USB at the time, and FM3 Edit was open but I was switching from the unit itself.
ok i'll check out those presets when i get home. right now they are updating the blocks to match the Axe3, and that could cause issues, which is why it's a public beta and not a release version. we need to find these issues before the release version is made. thanks!

My FM3 is on it’s way to Fractal. Didn’t work means any audio out of it sounded like a blender and after 3 or 4 navigation moves it would lock up and I wouldn’t be able to exit out of anything or make any moves. Mark Day was super helpful with getting repairs setup.

My FM3 froze 2 times since I got it... Each time, it was after I let it open for more than 24 hours connected to my PC and FM3 edit open. It has happened this afternoon with latest firmware and latest FM3 edit on Win10.

I haven’t experienced any freezing, but I turn it off when I’m done. Typical testing sessions have it on for 10 hours.

If you turn off the FM3 when you’re done using it, does the freezing stop happening?

My FM3 is doing this. First time cycling thru presets using the footswitch (not on updated firmware yet OOTB). Second time (updated firmware) cycling thru presets using the nav buttons and jog wheel. Is this happening to anyone else? I have the headphones unit. If I shut off the unit, its no longer frozen.

Back
Top Bottom