Fixed FM3 freezing

MikeBrooklyn

Inspired
Hey everyone,

I’m learning the front panel functions and poking around and twice in a row everything including the foot switches freeze. I’m using preset 000. I am not connected to a speaker or the usb. Just power. I’ve updated to 1.02 and I just started using the front panel so I don’t know if it was happening in the previous firmware version.
Mike

Hey everyone,

I’m learning the front panel functions and poking around and twice in a row everything including the foot switches freeze. I’m using preset 000. I am not connected to a speaker or the usb. Just power. I’ve updated to 1.02 and I just started using the front panel so I don’t know if it was happening in the previous firmware version.
Mike
Actually, I just replicated it

I’m in preset 000. Layout, zoom. Amp selected. Turn knob B back and forth between amp channel a and b. Entire unit freezes.

I had the unit freeze under different circumstances. I was just modifying a preset, had the looper added so I could play a phrase, then adjust eq and cabs to my liking, once done, I went to Output 1 to check levels, saw that it was too hot, went back to amp block to adjust level and the unit is frozen. I can still hear the looper going but it's like there are no blocks active, just a dry signal going through. Can't change anything in FM3 edit nor on the unit. I have to reboot it to get it to come back. I also tried unplugging USB to see if it would free up the unit but it did not.

Last edited:
The beta team has experienced this as well and the problem has been reported to the devs.

How does this work? If one BT trips over a bug, do they first see if other BTs can replicate it before it goes to the dev team?
Or is each BT report addressed singularly?

I experienced a freeze this morning. I was switching between the two JVM factory presets when the screen faded to white and the device was unresponsive until after a power cycle.

I also have had freezing/issues with firmwares 1.02 1.03, also 1.04 Beta.
Using a PC with solid-state drive. It seems there is a lag in communication between FM3 edit and the unit as well...while I don't expect instantaneous updating it is slower than other editors I have used in the past ( other products) in this regard. Last night
the FM3 itself stopped responding while connected...no switches,knobs etc would function until I disconnected USB and rebooted/power cycles.Tried other USB cables as well..this has only happened a few times and cabling doesnt seem to be a factor. Any editing etc I do with/on the unit is not an issue ( and sounds great btw)

Last edited:
Thanks for asking:)
So far no freezing issues
Lag time is still slow.. I of course did “Refresh after new FW”...and as mentioned in other threads the unit still selects Scenes other than 1 when changing presets in the editor...
If changing from the unit it defaults to Scene 1 as selected under Global Setup..the editor has the same Global setup but doesn’t always follow suit..minor quibble though

Back
Top Bottom