FM3 Freezing when connected to the PC

rhodie

fm3-freeze.png

fm3-freeze-2.png
I just got my FM3 - updated to FW 1.02.

Whenever I have it connected to my (Windows 10) PC with the FM3-Edit open, it starts up fine but as soon as I change a scene, the following things happen:
  • FM3 freezes - no switches, buttons respond to anything
  • The FM3-edit, after a while shows this error message (attached) and then partially freezes - most buttons on it are not responsive (e.g. presets dropdow, scenes dropdown, scene select) but some are (e.g. all the menus at the top like 'Preset', 'Block', 'Tools' etc)
  • I can hear the guitar through it, but it sounds like it's bypassing everything in the chain.

I did see another thread reporting a freezing issue, but decided to create this separate one since that talks about issues seen when it is not connected to the FM3-edit. Any ideas what could be wrong?

Thanks @chris. Do you know if this is an issue specific to the last FW update? If it is, I might try to downgrade it to the previous version (if that's even possible to do) until this gets fixed.

Thanks @chris. Do you know if this is an issue specific to the last FW update? If it is, I might try to downgrade it to the previous version (if that's even possible to do) until this gets fixed.
it was an issue only seen in 1.02. i would just wait. freezing is a high priority item so i'm sure we'll see this fix "soon".

Chris
do you recommend rolling back to 1.01 for now ?
I have 1.02 installed ,don‘t play a lot
this week but have had a freeze when working with presets

Back
Top Bottom