Fixed FM3 Freezing + USB audio glitching

jerry8931

Hey guys! I got my FM3 from fractal last week. I've experienced so many issues throughout the week. It's just been really frustrating and has made me wanna return it. The fractal guys offered to fix it for me so I've decided to give them a chance.

Please let me know if I'm not the only one who's experienced these issues!

1- USB audio playback issues. Audio would buzz in and out. It would be fine for 20 seconds and then just no sound.

2- When powering on the unit there are times where it just stays on one screen for 5 minutes straight. The switches don't light up but the fractal animation shows. After I power it off and try again it loads up perfectly. This happens every other time I power it on.

3- The unit would freeze randomly while switching presets, navigating between views, and editing blocks. Highest my cpu has ever reached was 72% so I'm sure it isn't a cpu issue.

4- Today for the first time I experienced this weird hum around 800 hz when my fm3 froze. When I heard it I quickly turned both volumes to 0 but even then the hum kept going. I had to turn off the whole unit to make it stop.

i've never experienced any of that. i'd let them repair it, sounds like something was wrong with that specific unit.

Buddy of mine bought his about 2 weeks ago...same thing. He was gigging last night with it, and the switching was completely froze. Had to shut it off and turn it back on to resolve, but it happened again 3 times during the gig. Only remedy was shutting off and turning on.

Also, the gig was in an outside "tent" on a concrete floor, where the floor temp was around 50 degrees, yet the internal temp on the FM3 read 95 degrees. I thought that was odd.

Hey guys! I got my FM3 from fractal last week. I've experienced so many issues throughout the week. It's just been really frustrating and has made me wanna return it. The fractal guys offered to fix it for me so I've decided to give them a chance.

Please let me know if I'm not the only one who's experienced these issues!

1- USB audio playback issues. Audio would buzz in and out. It would be fine for 20 seconds and then just no sound.

2- When powering on the unit there are times where it just stays on one screen for 5 minutes straight. The switches don't light up but the fractal animation shows. After I power it off and try again it loads up perfectly. This happens every other time I power it on.

3- The unit would freeze randomly while switching presets, navigating between views, and editing blocks. Highest my cpu has ever reached was 72% so I'm sure it isn't a cpu issue.

4- Today for the first time I experienced this weird hum around 800 hz when my fm3 froze. When I heard it I quickly turned both volumes to 0 but even then the hum kept going. I had to turn off the whole unit to make it stop.
My FM3 what arrived 3 days ago started to emit an alarm around 800 hz too, and it only stop like 1 minute later when the fan cooler starts to run.
It's like the fan cooler is delayed and the device alarms the temperature before it runs... The temperature is about 58°C when this happens... I just posted a ticket to fractal about this...

My FM3 what arrived 3 days ago started to emit an alarm around 800 hz too, and it only stop like 1 minute later when the fan cooler starts to run.
It's like the fan cooler is delayed and the device alarms the temperature before it runs... The temperature is about 58°C when this happens... I just posted a ticket to fractal about this...
Awesome they should take care of you!

Buddy of mine bought his about 2 weeks ago...same thing. He was gigging last night with it, and the switching was completely froze. Had to shut it off and turn it back on to resolve, but it happened again 3 times during the gig. Only remedy was shutting off and turning on.

Also, the gig was in an outside "tent" on a concrete floor, where the floor temp was around 50 degrees, yet the internal temp on the FM3 read 95 degrees. I thought that was odd.
Mine has begun freezing since the latest software update. I updated the editor as well and it's connected via USB

To you guys w freezing
are you on a preset that is close to 80 or over cpu
are you using factory preset or presets you are trying to convert from AXE3
are you using new tuner mode or last scene recall setting on ?

just curious

Mine has frozen when I'm using it in 4CM and not using any amp or cab models, so the CPU is below 50%.

I've had it less than a week.

Also, the switches were dead and scribble strips blanks when I first got it, until I reset them which seemed to activate them.

OP, please confirm the issue being fixed after installing the latest beta.

To you guys w freezing
are you on a preset that is close to 80 or over cpu
are you using factory preset or presets you are trying to convert from AXE3
are you using new tuner mode or last scene recall setting on ?

just curious
Nope it’s happened to me on factory presets.

Back
Top Bottom