Fixed FM3 Freezes while doing nothing v.3.01

Petrocelli

Inspired
Put the new 3.01 Firmare on my unit. Played around with it and liked it very well (was connected to my PC with FM3 Edit 1.02.02)

As i come back after one hour, FM3 Edit says it losts the connection, the FM3 itself was freezed but looks normal, Tempo LED blinks, Audio passed ok, but no switch or pot reacts any more, also level LEDs dont lit)

When i turn the Value knob, the big display is flickering and some short audio arifacts came out of the speaker
Had to power cycle - then its ok!

I used a self made preset, i created with 1.06 (about 73% CPU), which never made any problem!

Can you upload the preset it was on and the "System + FC" backup from FractalBot, please? We'll take a look.

Was frozen again today (FM3 was about 5 Hours connected to FM3 Edit) with a similar Preset. (These are my goto sounds!)
Power cycle - all is ok!

This happened to me yesterday.
I was making a new preset from scratch, nothing amazing.
Had to move for like 20 minutes due to work, when I returned back pc was "suspended" so I hit space bar for it to "woke up", then I received the lost connection message, I restarted FM3 Edit just to notice the unit itself is freezed.
It's the first time I experienced this, this a brand new unit.
It's not the first time I leave it for a while while doing something else, but it was the first time it froze.

I'll try to attach the preset later.
Thanks

Attachments

• 20201228_171855.jpg
    20201228_171855.jpg
    734.4 KB · Views: 5
One thing I did noticed, was that I have never heard the fan before but when the unit froze, if was running loud, after power cycling it, the fan stopped running.

Had my first feeeze with 3.1

Doing heavy preset saving and editing while loading Austin buddy pack and manually deleting output 2 on all presets. Power cycle and I could finish the work with no more issues.

Have to say that never before with this fw the unit has failed and footswitch behavior is been perfect.

Put the new 3.01 Firmare on my unit. Played around with it and liked it very well (was connected to my PC with FM3 Edit 1.02.02)

As i come back after one hour, FM3 Edit says it losts the connection, the FM3 itself was freezed but looks normal, Tempo LED blinks, Audio passed ok, but no switch or pot reacts any more, also level LEDs dont lit)

When i turn the Value knob, the big display is flickering and some short audio arifacts came out of the speaker
Had to power cycle - then its ok!

I used a self made preset, i created with 1.06 (about 73% CPU), which never made any problem!

Improvements and fixes in 3.02 include this issue.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm3-firmware-version-3-02-beta-1.170219

Back
Top Bottom