Fm3 for reverb threw the Friedman be50

Tpj3313

Here’s a video I made earlier today I spent all day dialing this reverb, it’s the deluxe spring reverb. I usually always have the mix very low but today when I micd my cab I couldn’t hear the reverb so I had to adjust the mix and input gain on the effect till it started to come through the mic
Let me know what you guys think
To adjust the reverb I set the time to just over 4 seconds and the size to 98%
The mix at 14 and input gain at 40%
I then set the boing parameter to 100 and the string tone between 2 and 3
I turned the high side of the eq down to 899hz
I’m happy with the tones

Here’s a video I made earlier today I spent all day dialing this reverb, it’s the deluxe spring reverb. I usually always have the mix very low but today when I micd my cab I couldn’t hear the reverb so I had to adjust the mix and input gain on the effect till it started to come through the mic
Let me know what you guys think
To adjust the reverb I set the time to just over 4 seconds and the size to 98%
The mix at 14 and input gain at 40%
I then set the boing parameter to 100 and the string tone between 2 and 3
I turned the high side of the eq down to 899hz
I’m happy with the tones

Just a question: why are you adjusting both Mix and Input Gain?

Might be why you had to increase the Mix...

If your Reverb is series you typically want Input Gain at 100% and use Mix.

If your Reverb is in parallel you typically want Mix at 100% and use Input Gain to adjust the mix.

If your Reverb is in parallel you typically want Mix at 100% and use Input Gain to adjust the mix.

I'm using mix in parallel reverbs to control the mix (full dry to full wet) in addition with a Vol block which mutes the the main signal.
With this, I can get fully dry to fully without messing the the dry signal level 🤷‍♂️

It sounds better with the mix and input gain to fine tune . I’ve dealt with the reverb block for a few months now and it might not be typical but it sounds best with my amp
I agree with the modeled amps you don’t have to use input gain but going threw a tube amps effects loop it adds an extra level of fine tuning and really makes a difference

I'm using mix in parallel reverbs to control the mix (full dry to full wet) in addition with a Vol block which mutes the the main signal.
With this, I can get fully dry to fully without messing the the dry signal level 🤷‍♂️
Are you sure about that?

Using the Mix allows dry signal thru. I think this will affect your overall output level.

If you instead put Mix at 100% and use Input Gain you are only adding the actual Reverb and no dry signal.

At least, that is my understanding.

It sounds better with the mix and input gain to fine tune . I’ve dealt with the reverb block for a few months now and it might not be typical but it sounds best with my amp
I agree with the modeled amps you don’t have to use input gain but going threw a tube amps effects loop it adds an extra level of fine tuning and really makes a difference
See my previous reply...

Anyway, if it works for you, go for it! I was just curious.

Are you sure about that?

Using the Mix allows dry signal thru. I think this will affect your overall output level.

If you instead put Mix at 100% and use Input Gain you are only adding the actual Reverb and no dry signal.

At least, that is my understanding.
That might be why the input gain sounds like the perfect fine tuning nob for my adjustments

Back
Top Bottom