FM3 for live use

Hey guys owning both units. Is there anything you miss when you compare the Fm3 with the Axe 3 in live situation?
I only play live and would still use some pedals in front of the FM3. If I'll go with the Axe 3 I would put them
in a rack (freqout and drop) and probably don't use all the pedals since the CPU limit never seems to be a problem.

Pedals would be
Drop -> Freqout -> Wah -> Vibetool -> Tombetta Mini Bone -> Suhr Eclipse -> FM3 -> stereo out in ear rack and FOH
I would see the FM3 more like a real amp than an all in one solution. I still like my analog pedals.
With the pedals in front I don't think I would hit the CPU limit.

I'll get a chance to try the FX3 next week and I am really looking forward to it.
Right now I'm still using the Helix and use the Friedman model all the time.
The Axe has just my all time favourite amps, like the CAE.

With the Helix I always hit the CPU limit and it is annoying.

Thanks

CPU depends on what you put in the preset. I have a full preset with effects and 7 different tones, including 2 guitar paths, I think about 15 blocks.

Personally, I'm so glad not to be lugging my FX III to gigs any more. It was soooo heavy.

If I could have justified it, I might have retained the FX III for studio use, but I just didn't need it. It's an amazing unit, but the FM3 does all I need and will fit on a dinky pedal board, and I'm even realising now that I only need the 3 buttons.

I fit the FM3 and PowerAmp all on two Pedaltrain Nano+’s stuck together as a all in one set up.

Never any problems with CPU, but keep in mind, I don’t use much.

I only own the FM3 (no need for a rack unit) and I can’t imagine needing more for live playing than the FM3 can deliver. It is so freaking amazing 🤩

Back
Top Bottom