Fixed FM3 foot switch buttons freeze

Just got my FM3 today (believe firmware 3.01 came on it) and my 3rd foot switch button seems to freeze (not work or do anything) and then work sometimes the Other buttons come and go with working or not?!? I haven’t done anything but unbox and try and play - a little frustrated and disappointed so far. Any suggestions appreciated! Cheers

Make sure the button is not stuck. Contact Support if the problem remains.

I actually just got that problem on the 3rd switch today, it just wouldn't respond. Ring light and LED screen was still functional. On 3.02 beta, btw.
Power off / on seemed to solve it though, but I'll for sure take note if and when it happens again.

Upgraded to new Beta firmware 3.02 public and still doing - now all buttons (and no change in the system/tone) freeze up all the time - I have a small video but it won’t upload here?!? Who can I contact - I’m pretty bummed 😕

Upgraded to new Beta firmware 3.02 public and still doing - now all buttons (and no change in the system/tone) freeze up all the time - I have a small video but it won’t upload here?!? Who can I contact - I’m pretty bummed 😕
Is this happening across all presets? If you notice it on one more than others, do you mind uploading that preset and your "System + FC" dump from Fractal-Bot, please?

Is this happening across all presets? If you notice it on one more than others, do you mind uploading that preset and your "System + FC" dump from Fractal-Bot, please?
As far as I can tell all presets from Gilmore Lead to one I uploaded myself. When I get a chance I will upload. Thanks appreciate it

Just Uploaded - Yes all presets.... Really bumming me out. Can't use the 3 buttons a lot of the time if not most. Waiting for cord to connect the FC12 but thinking will that also have issues??

Attachments

• AC30 WT FREE (HB) (2.1).syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 2
  • FM3-210222-131110-system+gb+fc.syx
    192.6 KB · Views: 1
  • FM3-Juicy Lead.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 3
  • FM3-Mr.Gilmour Lead.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I cannot reproduce this issue no matter what I do. How often is the unit running before this occurs?
It happens when first started up as well after playing for 10-15 minutes. It has gotten a little better with constant power cycling - but still happens. I noticed it seems to be now happen mostly in scenes.

It happens when first started up as well after playing for 10-15 minutes. It has gotten a little better with constant power cycling - but still happens. I noticed it seems to be now happen mostly in scenes.

I see you've opened a support ticket, which is what I was going to recommend anyway. We will work together and get it sorted.

I am also have similar issues with lock up of the footswitches- FW 3.01 would lock up the footswitches entirely but FW 3.02, when it locks up, one button will work and the other two will not.

Just now I got a freeze where all three switches became unresponsive. This happened all the time in FW 3.01 for me seems to take longer before it happens in FW 3.02. I just updated this morning to this FW so I don't know if this will continue to be an issue like it has been. I also had footswitch problems prior to FW 3.

I encountered a similar problem tonight (firmware 3.01). I turned on the device and the first switch from the left was unresponsive (with the lable bank -1). The ring light and the little screen worked. They even changed when I switched to effects and scenes. The switch itself, however, stayed unresponsive. The other two switches worked fine. A simple reboot solved the issue. I rebooted the machine a few times during the night (just to see if I could repoduce the glitch), but the issue never reappeared.
The usb was plugged in (as it almost always is) but my PC was turned off.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom