Fixed FM3 foot switch buttons freeze

I had that happen where only one switch locked up and the other two worked but now it's pretty much all of them locking up but the screens change with different patches but the footwitches are not responsive to touch.

I am having a similar issue. I think the issue is that my Tap tempo and tuner are assigned to the same button. All buttons became non functional last night during a performance. ( First gig with the FM3) I had to restart it severals times. I re mapped the buttons today and left it run for several hours and it seems to resolve the issue. However I emailed customer support to get some help as I would think that this should be a very common set up to have the Tap Tempo and Tuner on the same button. Hopefully this work around is only a temp fix.

I am having a similar issue. I think the issue is that my Tap tempo and tuner are assigned to the same button. All buttons became non functional last night during a performance. ( First gig with the FM3) I had to restart it severals times. I re mapped the buttons today and left it run for several hours and it seems to resolve the issue. However I emailed customer support to get some help as I would think that this should be a very common set up to have the Tap Tempo and Tuner on the same button. Hopefully this work around is only a temp fix.
hmm i've had Tap and Tuner assigned on the same switch since day one and have never experienced this.

Upgraded to new Beta firmware 3.02 public and still doing - now all buttons (and no change in the system/tone) freeze up all the time - I have a small video but it won’t upload here?!? Who can I contact - I’m pretty bummed 😕
Just got my FM3 today (believe firmware 3.01 came on it) and my 3rd foot switch button seems to freeze (not work or do anything) and then work sometimes the Other buttons come and go with working or not?!? I haven’t done anything but unbox and try and play - a little frustrated and disappointed so far. Any suggestions appreciated! Cheers
Saturday night my FM3 also behaved in a strange way, the fsw screens started to flash, pressing them did not work. This only happened after installing the fw 3.02

I have one FM3 and one FC6.
After updating to fw 3.02 last week, I have experienced the same problem 3 times. The footswitchs of the FM3 don't work, they become frozen.

The bug is the following:
LEFT SWITCH: Action assigned to Tap Tempo. Ring color assigned to None. It doesn't change tempo and it flashes in red color.
MIDDLE SWITCH: Assigned to Scene -1. It doesn't change scenes. Color is correct, purple. I can change scene via buttons of the unit and also with FM3 Edit
RIGHT SWITCH: Assigned to Scene +1. It doesn't change scenes. Color is correct, purple. I can change scene via buttons of the unit and also with FM3 Edit

The FC6 is not affected, it works always fine. When I go to the Master Layout via the FC6, and I press a footswitch that changes the layout of FM3 and FC6, the FM3 doesn't respond, only the FC6 changes to the new layout.

As I bought the FM3 recently, I will write an email to G66 explaining this problem. I assume this is a software bug, but maybe it is a hardware problem.

I wait for your comments, and/or new firmware solving this problem.
Thanks
Jordi

I have a support ticket into Fractal and they responded super quick. They advised they are working on the issue. I will report any resolution i get from them.

one thing to check that I have noticed , do you have your tuner on the Fm3 set to the new mode that uses the 3 LED t show sharp flat etc
try turning off that mode if it is enabled

After updating to fw 3.02 last week, I have experienced the same problem 3 times. The footswitchs of the FM3 don't work, they become frozen.

LEFT SWITCH: Action assigned to Tap Tempo. Ring color assigned to None. It doesn't change tempo and it flashes in red color.
MIDDLE SWITCH: Assigned to Scene -1. It doesn't change scenes. Color is correct, purple. I can change scene via buttons of the unit and also with FM3 Edit
RIGHT SWITCH: Assigned to Scene +1. It doesn't change scenes. Color is correct, purple. I can change scene via buttons of the unit and also with FM3 Edit

The FC6 is not affected, it works always fine. When I go to the Master Layout via the FC6, and I press a footswitch that changes the layout of FM3 and FC6, the FM3 doesn't respond, only the FC6 changes to the new layout.

As I bought the FM3 recently, I will write an email to G66 explaining this problem. I assume this is a software bug, but maybe it is a hardware problem.

Thanks
Jordi
hi, I made a video while the FM3 crashed, on the forum you can only share photos, the video is visible on the FB Fractal Audio System Italia group. I have FM3 since November and FC6 since December, I use the Per-Preset layout and up to fw 3.02 I had no problem, I exclude hardware problem

hi, I made a video while the FM3 crashed, on the forum you can only share photos, the video is visible on the FB Fractal Audio System Italia group. I have FM3 since November and FC6 since December, I use the Per-Preset layout and up to fw 3.02 I had no problem, I exclude hardware problem
Yes, I also think it's firmware problem, because I had no problem before the updating to 3.02

one thing to check that I have noticed , do you have your tuner on the Fm3 set to the new mode that uses the 3 LED t show sharp flat etc
I didn't like the new tuner mode. I disabled it after trying it for 1 minute. My tuner is working always in the "old" mode.

So, in my case, there is no relation between the tuner mode and the "frozen" footswitches.

Just checked, The new the mode was never enabled. Thank you for the suggestion

Thanks
Jordi

I experienced this problem again this morning, but today the left switch didnt' change to red, it kept the correct color (none color)

OP, please confirm the issue being fixed after installing the latest beta.

I'm on 3.0.2 final and having the same issue. All 3 buttons of mine will intermittently just stop responding. The back lights of all 3 buttons will dim, come back on, and then stop responding. My MIDI controller (Morningstar MC6 MKII) can still send MIDI changes to it though.

I'm on 3.0.2 final and having the same issue. All 3 buttons of mine will intermittently just stop responding. The back lights of all 3 buttons will dim, come back on, and then stop responding. My MIDI controller (Morningstar MC6 MKII) can still send MIDI changes to it though.
The release note of the 3.03 beta firmware states that the problems has been addressed. Perhapsyou sould try it and see if the issue gets sorted out.

The release note of the 3.03 beta firmware states that the problems has been addressed. Perhapsyou sould try it and see if the issue gets sorted out.
I would but I read the 3.03 beta is having issues with Out 2 which I use heavily. Hopefully, once that issue is ironed out I'll update and everything will be good to go again.

I had the buttons on mine freeze up this morning during church and I had to re-start the unit. It's the second time it's happened in the last few weeks. I'm using a two button stand in switch and I thought maybe it has something to do with that

I had the buttons on mine freeze up this morning during church and I had to re-start the unit. It's the second time it's happened in the last few weeks. I'm using a two button stand in switch and I thought maybe it has something to do with that
Have you tried the 3.03 beta firmware?

Back
Top Bottom