FM3 Firmware Version 6.01

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes , the attenuation of the ox is horrible, but the speaker simulator is the most natural sounding out there.
I had better luck with the Suhr Reactive load IR with several amps, including a Bogner 101b and a Victory Countess. But if the OX is what makes your ears wiggle the right way, it sounds like you are set.

@Randalljax has started a separate thread over here

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm3-and-oxbox.191227/

to try and filter out all of the amp fidelity chatter raised. It might be good to carry that discussion on over there for continuity and for the sake of this thread.

iu

I do not know why, but I do not like Cygnus for metal. Cleans and crunch are great but I can notice that pick attack is not as percussive as it is in Ares firmware. I tried 4.0 and yesterday tried 6.01 and same results. Are you experiencing something similar?

I do not know why, but I do not like Cygnus for metal. Cleans and crunch are great but I can notice that pick attack is not as percussive as it is in Ares firmware. I tried 4.0 and yesterday tried 6.01 and same results. Are you experiencing something similar?
No , in fact I find it much tighter and the low end has a lot more clarity
Which amps are you using and ir’s

I read all the comments and of course I respect Cliff for the job he has done with the fractal devices. Actually the I like the fm3 because it is easy to use and dial a good sound but, as many agreed it is very close but not there yet. I am a guy that trust my ears and not the diagrams I am reading and with this state, the real amp in to the ox or the real amp in to a real cab, sounds and feels more natural to me than the Fm3 to my monitors or my Fm3 to the Return of my amp ( using the preamp only from fm3) and my real cab.
I would be very happy if the modeller could improve in this aspect because I really like it.
I am a guy that trust my ears too.... but i have to admit that ears are subjective :)

If anyone hasn't tried the Paragon wah yet, do yourself a favour - it's WILD!
Got that right! Way cool. I added it to a ODS-100 patch, and kept it lightly on and slight rocking to 70% - total Jeff Beck and Zepplin. Be thinking Space for the Papa. Don't miss Paragon...

Hello!

Do you think that input2 copy - input1 can be solved in the same way as output2 copy - output1? That way, there would be no need to insert a separate input block into the unit and there would be two inputs. Just a stupid idea...but my life would be much simpler.

The other is that: I own two FM3 units and both have the same problem. When changing scenes, the shift break is very long and the volume jumps drastically. (CPU utilization 78-82%, with AustinBuddy JCM800 livegold preset, but it's actually like this with all presets. Spillover OFF)

Thanks!

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/49c92ff034059fc9677d86020bab977e20230130183542/daf9c1b57dee8a320671ec3ef7f4c30720230130183556/f708d7

Hello!

Do you think that input2 copy - input1 can be solved in the same way as output2 copy - output1? That way, there would be no need to insert a separate input block into the unit and there would be two inputs. Just a stupid idea...but my life would be much simpler.

The other is that: I own two FM3 units and both have the same problem. When changing scenes, the shift break is very long and the volume jumps drastically. (CPU utilization 78-82%, with AustinBuddy JCM800 livegold preset, but it's actually like this with all presets. Spillover OFF)

Thanks!

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/49c92ff034059fc9677d86020bab977e20230130183542/daf9c1b57dee8a320671ec3ef7f4c30720230130183556/f708d7
Why not just split the signal path from the In1 block into two rows? That seems way simpler.

Why not just split the signal path from the In1 block into two rows? That seems way simpler.
I use input1 with wireless. And I want to use input2 with a cable. This would only be a security solution at a concert. In addition, if I insert another input block, FM3 freezes. (since the CPU is about 80% at the moment)

I use input1 with wireless. And I want to use input2 with a cable. This would only be a security solution at a concert. In addition, if I insert another input block, FM3 freezes. (since the CPU is about 80% at the moment)

This is the reality of the FM3. It is an amazing little unit and sounds really good. But the 80% is the limiting factor. So you would need to delete an effect or use a block that uses less cpu etc. If it was me I would use 1 input for the wireless and keep a cable handy in case I needed it. And use multiple presets of the same amp/cab setup so you can feature something like the Plex in one and a multi tap delay in the other. Preset changes to be done between songs because of the gap. It’s hard to do a kitchen sink with the little guy, but you can if only 1 drive, lo-res cab, eco reverb, and so on. Some blocks have varying cpu usage depending on the mode selected. Like the Klon uses more than a FET boost in the drive block as an example. There’s a cpu chart somewhere on here.

Ez az FM3 valósága. Ez egy csodálatos kis egység, és nagyon jól hangzik. De a 80% a korlátozó tényező. Tehát törölnie kell egy effektust, vagy olyan blokkot kell használnia, amely kevesebb processzort használ stb. Ha én lennék, 1 bemenetet használnék a vezeték nélküli kapcsolathoz, és kéznél tartanám a kábelt, ha szükségem lenne rá. Használjon több előre beállított erősítő/fülke-beállítást is, így az egyikben Plex, a másikban pedig többcsapos késleltetés szerepelhet. Előre beállított változtatások a dalok között a hézag miatt. Nehéz mosogatót csinálni a kis sráccal, de lehet, ha csak 1 meghajtó, lo-res cab, eco reverb stb. Egyes blokkok processzorhasználata a kiválasztott módtól függően eltérő. Mint például a Klon, a meghajtóblokkban többet használ, mint egy FET-erősítést. Itt van valahol egy cpu diagram.
Thanks!!!

This is the reality of the FM3. It is an amazing little unit and sounds really good. But the 80% is the limiting factor. So you would need to delete an effect or use a block that uses less cpu etc. If it was me I would use 1 input for the wireless and keep a cable handy in case I needed it. And use multiple presets of the same amp/cab setup so you can feature something like the Plex in one and a multi tap delay in the other. Preset changes to be done between songs because of the gap. It’s hard to do a kitchen sink with the little guy, but you can if only 1 drive, lo-res cab, eco reverb, and so on. Some blocks have varying cpu usage depending on the mode selected. Like the Klon uses more than a FET boost in the drive block as an example. There’s a cpu chart somewhere on here.
You can also omit the drive block completely if you find an Input Boost you like under the Preamp tab of the Amp block and bind a Control Switch to the Switch. You have to get creative to work within the constraints of it’s CPU sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom