FM3 Firmware Version 6.01

Instead of adding new models, please improve the low frequencies to all models so they be more accurate!
Let’s go back to your first post and where you fumbled the ball right away. Adding new models and improving model accuracy can happen simultaneously and are also independent of each other. Then throughout you really have not proved anything concrete. It’s all opinion based on rather flimsy test circumstances.

One thing you will have to realize is that some of us spent years doing electronic R&D and testing and have test methodology ingrained in their brains. When we see statements like yours it sets off all sorts of red flags.

Any one having boot freeze after installing? I have tried restarting multiple timed and always freezes at fractal logo screen. Is there a sequence of buttons I can push during start up that will allow me to bypass... So I can roll back

Any one having boot freeze after installing? I have tried restarting multiple timed and always freezes at fractal logo screen. Is there a sequence of buttons I can push during start up that will allow me to bypass... So I can roll back
It's described in the manual.

I found a bug. The following chorus effects work boomy in my preset (attached): vintage tape, stereo tri-chorus, and all 3 dimenson.

Attachments

• CHORUS BUG.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 3
A good place to start would have been to name just one amp that you feel is so inaccurate. And then maybe give a bit of information what type of music or tone you’re after with that amp. It seems like you don’t understand all the variables at play.
A cranked Marhall plexi 50w for example is not very accurate for me.

That's your opinion. It's very likely that the added bass due to the inaccurate load is giving an exaggerated feel.
If i connect the output of my FM3 (with speaker cab and power amp disabled) to the return of my Bogner xtc 20th Anniversary that is connected to a marshall cab 4 x 12, would be an accurate test?

A cranked Marhall plexi 50w for example is not very accurate for me.
Not to be that guy, but as some-one who has been a "Plexi-Boy" in the real world since 1984 I respectfully yet stongly disagree with you there.
I've played stages where you could actually crank a Plexi and believe me, the Fractal products have got the sound, behaviour and quirks nailed, keeping in mind that there is no such thing as a generic Plexi. Some might look the same, but in my experience each and every one of them has a unique character.

That's your opinion. It's very likely that the added bass due to the inaccurate load is giving an exaggerated feel.
Of course it is my opinion but many people also agree also with me. The fact is that in all the amps and the preamps i have tested there were always some similar differences: When you play softer with our pick or roll of the volume on the guitar the axe fx sound always is thinner and has less body and less punch to it. I am note sure what is the case here, i suppose thet the amp has more complex harmonic content? i am not sure.. If you have any suggestions to improve this aspect i would be happy to hear them.

Of course it is my opinion but many people also agree also with me. The fact is that in all the amps and the preamps i have tested there were always some similar differences: When you play softer with our pick or roll of the volume on the guitar the axe fx sound always is thinner and has less body and less punch to it. I am note sure what is the case here, i suppose thet the amp has more complex harmonic content? i am not sure.. If you have any suggestions to improve this aspect i would be happy to hear them.
The impedance curve of the OX is not realistic. It will increase the bass response considerably, especially when playing softer or rolling off the volume. It sounds good when playing at low-to-moderate volume levels but it is not realistic and at real amp volume levels the amount of bass is overwhelming due to Fletcher-Munson.

Not that I'd want to, but is there some way of emulating the behavior of the OX with settings on the speaker page...maybe using the 'resistive load' curve along with some other tweaks? After all, the heart wants what the heart wants. :smilingimp:

Not that I'd want to, but is there some way of emulating the behavior of the OX with settings on the speaker page...maybe using the 'resistive load' curve along with some other tweaks? After all, the heart wants what the heart wants. :smilingimp:
You can get sorta close by setting LF Resonance Freq and LF Resonance Q to their minimum values. I have a Two Notes and I've been contemplating adding its impedance curve but then I say to myself "why would anyone want something that isn't even remotely accurate?".

You can get sorta close by setting LF Resonance Freq and LF Resonance Q to their minimum values. I have a Two Notes and I've been contemplating adding its impedance curve but then I say to myself "why would anyone want something that isn't even remotely accurate?".
I have tried these settings but it is not getting even close. I have a torpedo captor x and it's sound is like a toy and 2-dimentional compared to OX and FM3. If you haven't tried an UA OX, i would suggest you to try one.

If i understand correct, previously ou said that the real amp into the ox is less realistic than a model in the fractal?

Back
Top Bottom