FM3 Firmware Version 6.00

I did that now but it doesn't alter anything. Did other users need to turn down input gain on clean patches after loading FM6 ?
(It's just for my perusal, no sweat to do that and adapt my patches to the new FW of course)

EDIT : so far I only experience this in a sensible way on DLR and CA3+ clean amp. (With Vibrolux the only amps I use for clean scenes)
Sorry about that, I wanted to come back and make it clear that the saving to flash had nothing to do with gain settings and was just about preset change time. I figured since you missed the “update after firmware” you may have missed that also.

Basically, it is stated that gain levels would be altered in certain circumstances. I imagine exactly how a user preset was gain staged it would be more extreme for some than others. I didn’t notice much issues, but I use more lower gain sounds and even with gain I tend to err on the conservative side, because nothing is worse to my ears than digital clipping. IOW, my presets don’t smack you in the face when at lower volumes. When I get my pair of K12.2’s pushing some major air they will hit you then.

I can’t recall if I needed to adjust gain specifically. I just updated, plugged in, and adjusted to my liking. I don’t use actual cleans too much, more like a little past breakup for my ‘clean’ and guitar volume to clean it up more. Anyhow from looking at my presets, the gain seems to be around where it used to be, no big changes. Maybe it’s amp specific. It sounds good to me, a very good update.

I can’t recall if I needed to adjust gain specifically. I just updated, plugged in, and adjusted to my liking. I don’t use actual cleans too much, more like a little past breakup for my ‘clean’ and guitar volume to clean it up more. Anyhow from looking at my presets, the gain seems to be around where it used to be, no big changes. Maybe it’s amp specific. It sounds good to me, a very good update.
Maybe check the Speaker Drive and Speaker Compression as related in the release notes?
This might be the cause, I will check ASAP I do use these parameters but without extreme settings. Thanks

This might be the cause, I will check ASAP I do use these parameters but without extreme settings. Thanks
Nothing of all that, BTW as long as one does not reset the Amp block it stays on former value (generally 0 in my case, cf FW release notes) for some reason the FW6.0 version have a slightly higher sensitivity to the gain values, I just turned it down a bit and all is OK.
I reset a few compressor blocks as advised by Marco Fanton but did not have the impression this changed anything, except that this operation defaults the auto make up switch to 'on' = a few dB more.

Back
Top Bottom