FM3 Firmware Version 6.00 beta 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing you can try to rule out any corruption in the firmware install is to boot up in emergency mode
Power the FM3 off
Power the FM3 back on while holding down both Page Left and Page Right keys.
Once the FM3 has booted you can release the keys
When you are in emergency mode does FractalBot see the unit?
thank you! I did this, the fractal bot does not see the device. I want to show that the connection from the computers disappeared exactly after the reboot after the 6.02 update. so I hope that this is a software failure and it can be solved.

¿Qué significa que la tarjeta ha sido desactivada? ¿Me puede decir mas acerca de eso?
La fm3 tiene tarjeta de sonido integrada y parece que entra en conflicto si tienes una tarjeta de sonido externa conectada por usb, en mi caso es una Fast track c400, la acabo de desconectar y la fm3 se vuelve a conectar por usb

La fm3 tiene tarjeta de sonido integrada y parece que entra en conflicto si tienes una tarjeta de sonido externa conectada por usb, en mi caso es una Fast track c400, la acabo de desconectar y la fm3 se vuelve a conectar por usb
Please, in English. That is the lingua franca for the main forums, which enables everyone to help each other.

Babel's corner is available for non-English speakers.

My approach to FM3-Edit and simultaneous Firmware upgrades in Windows.
  • Backup FM3 (this also makes sure communication is functional)
  • Uninstalled FM3-Edit
  • Reboot PC
  • Install new version of FM3 Edit
  • Reboot again
  • Open FM3-Edit to make sure it installed
  • Close FM-3 Edit
  • Connect and use Fractal Bot to install new firmware (following all instructions in the readme or forum)
  • Leave FM3 turned off for more that 15 seconds (probably not necessary, but I do, more like a minute)
  • Close Fractal Bot
  • Power up FM3
  • Start up FM3-Edit (it should detect new firmware and do a refresh, wait until done)
  • If instructed to do anything else, do them.
  • Have fun!!
I thinks that is my work process and I didn’t forget anything. Some may think it’s excessive, but I’ve learned to never trust Windows or realty any computer or OS.
Because Fractal-Bot is already embedded in the *Edit apps and is accessible under the Tools menu, it isn't necessary to quit Edit, load Fractal-Bot, do whatever, quit it, then restart Edit. There's only one thing I've found that I absolutely need Fractal-Bot for, and that was because I was abusing the poor thing. We sometimes do that when testing.

I count 8-10 seconds before powering the unit on again. Technically we should wait 5 seconds; Sometimes I'm busy or distracted and it sits for hours, sometimes I fat-finger the power switch, freak out, then power it off again and wait. It's survived my antics so far.

I have already tried two cables, I will buy another one tomorrow. War is a terrible thing. I had to leave my home and my job and move 1,000 km west. Everything can be survived (except fm3 breakdown)
If you take a look at the Axe-Fx III forum, Cliff says repeatedly, "It's the cable." Every now and then the actual USB port can be faulty, but it's rare. I admire your attitude and hope that it all works out for you and Ukraine.

thank you! I did this, the fractal bot does not see the device. I want to show that the connection from the computers disappeared exactly after the reboot after the 6.02 update. so I hope that this is a software failure and it can be solved.
In FractalBot. What do you have in the "Select Input Port" and "Select Output Port" dropdowns

I'm loving this firmware a lot. As I said in the main AFX III thread I'm now able to drop all of my low cuts/tweaks to get the lower frequencies into shape.

Had a rehearsal with this beta last night with the FM3 and had no issues, etc. I haven't rehearsed with this particular band in some time and a couple of the guys said "man, your rig is sounding killer...."

I'm also seeing about 5% -> 7% CPU reduction on my presets which is very cool. Kudos to @rglr for the optimizations and fixes...stellar job man.
Whats your FRFR user in rehaersal?

Whats your FRFR user in rehaersal?

I have two Atomic CLR's; I leave one at home and the other at the rehearsal spot. A cool setup since I can tweak at home and everything translates pretty well at the rehearsal space.

Over the years I've tried a few monitors (QSC K12's, RCF's, EV's, JBL's) but the only ones that really did it for me were the CLR's and my Tannoy V-12 coax speaker. I still have the Tannoy and use it as a sidewash for vocals at rehearsal. I bought it before the CLR's were available and used it with great success for a long time.

Oh, I really, really liked the Meyer wedge monitors with the AFX when I tried those out at our local auditorium...but the ~$4,000 price tag and ~130lb weight was a bit of a showstopper lol.

Last edited:
Cliff says repeatedly, "It's the cable." Every now and then the actual USB port can be faulty, but it's rare.
The cable length needs to be within spec, which is 5 meters/16' 2", and the cable needs to be of good quality.

There's always a possibility of collisions/confusion among the devices on the USB bus too.

Hubs can be evil; At a minimum, they should be powered from a separate adapter, not via the USB from the host computer. Many USB devices want to draw power from their connection, and if several that are pushing the limit are on an unpowered hub they can cause problems. That was one problem I ran into way back when, so I upgraded my hubs to much better units that are all powered and use USB-C ports.

I had to take apart my USB connections to my (eight) drives and (three) modelers and start from scratch. This was my process…
  1. Confirm the current USB driver is installed if you're on Windows, or, maybe uninstall it and reinstall the current one. I'm on macOS so it's already built in.
  2. Power down the computer and remove all the USB cables. If there are hubs not built into the computer then remove them too.
  3. Disconnect the USB cable from the computer and the modeler.
  4. Power up the computer, wait until it's booted, then connect the USB-A or USB-C end of the cable to the computer and wait a few seconds for the USB to initialize the port, then connect the USB-B end of the cable to the modeler, power it on, and see if you can get a connection from the *Edit app once it boots. When it does, begin reconnecting other devices, trying the connection between Edit and the modeler in between each device to see if there's a conflict with anything. If something does conflict set it aside and keep testing.
  5. If the connection doesn't work, try moving the cable to different ports and hubs that are built into the computer. You might need to power down the computer and disconnect the cable between each test, but you should eventually see it connect.
  6. Once the modeler is connecting reliably, if you have additional hubs try attaching them and adding whatever else needs to be connected, adding one at a time.
It can be a major PITA, but it's possible to work through it, just make small steps.

I have two Atomic CLR's; I leave one at home and the other at the rehearsal spot. A cool setup since I can tweak at home and everything translates pretty well at the rehearsal space.

Over the years I've tried a few monitors (QSC K12's, RCF's, EV's, JBL's) but the only ones that really did it for me were the CLR's and my Tannoy V-12 coax speaker. I still have the Tannoy and use it as a sidewash for vocals at rehearsal. I bought it before the CLR's were available and used it with great success for a long time.

Oh, I really, really liked the Meyer wedge monitors with the AFX when I tried those out at our local auditorium...but the ~$4,000 price tag and ~130lb weight was a bit of a showstopper lol.
130 pds I think that’s a winner in the gear hernia sweepstakes
You have probably have the guy with The Hammond organ in the axe3. Beta thread beat with that

Axe edit is a bit buggy right now. Saving is not working properly sometimes.
Takes a long time to load each cold start as well. May be normal for beta ware .

Wow... what an update. I installed 6 beta 3 into Cakewalk with Sonarworks and it sounds really good! I tried the Marshall type amps and I just love the chiminess of them. I tried the Mesa/Recto patches and they sound dark, which I'm sure it's supposed to sound like that.

Thanks to all the team for a wonderful update!

Quick question, what set of default patches should we install? I read in another thread that we can install the latest Axe-fx III patches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom