FM3 Firmware Version 6.00 beta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's always hard to tell because it sounded great before, but so far I've auditioned the BE100v3 and the deluxe verb and it's sounding fantastic. low end feels nicer but I could always be fooling myself because I knew it was coming. still, so far pretty darned happy and there's still a lot here to soak in. thanks as always, team fractal. really wasn't expecting to buy the entry level device two years ago and still have what seems like a brand new unit today.

Rookie/novice question since this is the first firmware change I've seen since owning the FM3.
Will OMG settings for foot controllers be affected? In other words, do I need to 'reload' OMG9?
Thank you in advance.

Generally, firmware updates do not affect your switch layouts unless otherwise noted in the release notes, so you shouldn't need to reload them. There's always the remote possibility something could go sideways during a FW update, so always do a full backup of everything using Fractal Bot before updating just in case.

Generally, firmware updates do not affect your switch layouts unless otherwise noted in the release notes, so you shouldn't need to reload them. There's always the remote possibility something could go sideways during a FW update, so always do a full backup of everything using Fractal Bot before updating just in case.
Always!!! Backup, backup, backup!!

Thank you, sir!

A bit confused on speaker thump
what is correct value for a 100 watt amp into a 4x12 w four 25 watt speakers?
Or a 50 watt into a 4x12 with four 60 watt speakers?

To quote Cliff from the v20.01 release notes:
Added Speaker Thump control to Amp block. Speaker Thump models the dynamic, nonlinear behavior of a guitar speaker. A value of 5.0 roughly corresponds to an amplifier running into a speaker rated at the same power as the amplifier, i.e., a 100W amplifier running into a 100W speaker. The reset value is a conservative 2.5 which represents, i.e., a 50W amp running into a 100W speaker. Note that the majority of the response is in the subsonic region and the effect is primarily tactile. Existing presets are not affected and the value will be zero.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom