FM3 Firmware Version 5.03

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been away from this forum for a while. Yep. Same old shit.
Haha yep. I will say, though, as far as frequency of updates, I certainly come around here less often now that updates are fewer and further between. Not that I'm anyone special, but the pattern is probably true of many users. More frequent FW releases means more scuttlebutt, for better or for worse. As a player, I enjoy having a nice stable 5.03 FW that i don't have to think about. But as a social butterfly who loves to chat gear, test new models/FW, assist other users, when the FW releases dry up, there's little reason to visit other than to occasionally check to see if the update is released. But I digress...

I can feel it! Today's the day!!! 6.0!! Will I get to use the Klone at my gig tonight?!?!

After 5 in New Hampshire. I'm thinking the bugs are taking a little longer than hoped to weed out. I've been digging the Shiver amp + a strat lately. time to go noodle badly and dream of a thump-filled future.

I'm going to go back on-topic concerning firmware 5.03

After months of stability, I think I've come up with a preset that results in a hardware freeze. It's happened twice now.

It seems to relate to when I switch to a scene containing the HPTT model (whilst connected via USB), but I've not gotten to the bottom of it yet.

... and while 'FM3 BETA ' soon is more Googled then COVID 2021 -

try this sound improver if you have an UA APOLLO TWIN ( USB ) - start the UAD Meter & Control Panel icon
Goto Configuration tab - at UAD-2 DSP - if EXTRA BUFFERING is marked - UNMARK it and hear 'a thin blanket removed from sounds / CAB'
in FM3 sound : )

Also in UA Console Settings - set if possible without crackles - Buffer at 128 or lower ( Vs 256 OK but higher then that Big NO thanks! difference)

Last one - if you have DAW FL Studio - set the stock plugin 'Soundgoodizer in guitarchain and set for guitar choice 'C' ( out of A-D different settings)

cheers m8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom