FM3 Firmware Version 5.03

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing that it will be similar in scope to the FM9's FW 3.00. Thing is, they just found a bug that corrupts the Block library in the FM9 version and that might've been ported to the FM3 version, so they'll have to check that out.

Fractal, if it plans to maintain its position as a leader in this industry, must accelerate globally in its development. The "black box" technology is gaining popularity and, as many believe, it is more versatile and less demanding of CPU resources. A new product from IK multimedia is coming out soon. The promo videos sound interesting, but we'll see what will actually happen.

Fractal, if it plans to maintain its position as a leader in this industry, must accelerate globally in its development. The "black box" technology is gaining popularity and, as many believe, it is more versatile and less demanding of CPU resources. A new product from IK multimedia is coming out soon. The promo videos sound interesting, but we'll see what will actually happen.
Or they could just keep chugging along and doing what they do to a very high standard. People will line up and wait for a quality product.

Don't think they "must" do anything that doesn't fit their business model. Sure, ToneX looks promising but as far as modelling (not profiling) is concerned, Fractal is leading the pack. I too am eager to get my hands on FW 6.x but I don't think Fractal is in any way, shape or form pressed into releasing updates because IK is hypying up an unreleased product.

I'm keeping my eye on the modelers market and so far, Fractal still sounds the best to me. There's room for improvement on some blocks, room for more effect blocks, room for a better GUI. But to me, tone is the most important feature of a modeler. I'm sure Fractal will come with awesome new devices in the next few years.

I really love my fm3 and in general I like everything that the fractal does. But I meant something else. Lately I've tried a lot of guitar processors from other companies. I should note that, for example, modeling the same budget Nux MG sometimes causes more emotions than my fm3) Of course, the fractal world also consists of a many of high-quality effects and it is unlikely that Nux will ever compete with fractal. But nevertheless, the fact remains and I really hope that the fractal still has aces in the deck and it's not about 6.x at all. I spoke about the future.

Unless I'm missing something, Tonex seems to be going after companies like Neural (the plug in market). Still need a computer, right?
I see this as a different market than people that want a stable hardware unit (Axe FX).
Not to say there won't be studio folks who look at both Tonex vs. Fractal, but I think it's stall a decision of - do I want a solution that relies on my computer or not.

I really love my fm3 and in general I like everything that the fractal does. But I meant something else. Lately I've tried a lot of guitar processors from other companies. I should note that, for example, modeling the same budget Nux MG sometimes causes more emotions than my fm3) Of course, the fractal world also consists of a many of high-quality effects and it is unlikely that Nux will ever compete with fractal. But nevertheless, the fact remains and I really hope that the fractal still has aces in the deck and it's not about 6.x at all. I spoke about the future.
Not sure why you are so worried about the future. Live for today. The only thing you can be sure of is that modeling will get better and the fancy pants computer you buy today will be outdated in a few years. The real question is whether or not our fancy pants computers will still be working 15 years from now because Fractal is good enough right now that I could make it 15 years without feeling I need anything else. Maybe a Microcosm??! just kidding.. kind of.. maybe.. N E ways.. ToneX looks really cool.. Fractal is really cool.. Line 6 is really cool. Tube amps are really cool. Pick the one that does it for you today and enjoy it because nothing is guaranteed except for what you decide to do right now.

Disagree entirely. Fractal products do not get worse if updates slow and points to a user type who's enjoyment comes more from the updates than the actual quality of a product. Every company in the modeling realm is constantly churning new products, I understand wanting to remain competitive however any company who bases their product dev solely on what competitors are doing is always going to be a step behind.

I don't fully understand your post, but everyone should play the gear that makes them happy. I think for a while now among guitar hobbyists there's been this obsession with "the best", but universally there's no such thing. Any piece of gear in the right players hands in the right circumstances is the best. A cheap guitar into a little practice amp might create a magical moment which one will never recreate no matter how hard they try, that's just life.

Well, I am an FRFR player.....and when Cliff says THUMP its a must for his FRFR use.....you can see how we might be excited ?????
it has been a while for an update here in FM3 land.

Well, I am an FRFR player.....and when Cliff says THUMP its a must for his FRFR use.....you can see how we might be excited ?????
it has been a while for an update here in FM3 land.

That's what great about a release like this:

1. Thump for FRFR players like you...
2. Significantly enhanced SIC fitting algorithm for PA + Cab players like me.
3. Klon (hopefully) for everybody else that doesn't care about any of the above.

Something for everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom