FM3 Firmware Version 5.03

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure the fm3 got the previous modeling updates before the FM9. Obvs not before the og though.

Yup. That's why I mentioned it will be our (FM3 owners) turn now. You are right about how the OG Axe-FX III
is the only option that offers firmware update immunity.

I fully expect FM3 will be last in line if the supply issues with the FM9 are fully resolved. I am cool with
that because it sounds bad ass regardless. :)

Is the FM3 taped out with firmware updates? I have seen the Axe FX III get regular updates so does that mean there is no more room in the FM3? or does it not have enough CPU to get the new stuff? I keep my Axe FX at home and gig with my FM3 so I would like the new features to hit the FM3. I get it if it just doesn't have the power, but I still keep hoping.

Is the FM3 taped out with firmware updates? I have seen the Axe FX III get regular updates so does that mean there is no more room in the FM3? or does it not have enough CPU to get the new stuff? I keep my Axe FX at home and gig with my FM3 so I would like the new features to hit the FM3. I get it if it just doesn't have the power, but I still keep hoping.
I would not like to think that the Fm3 is the ugly brother.

They'll hit soon enough; FAS confirmed that it needs a tad more time in private beta

There are only so many people at Fractal... They have 3 different modeling units, and they kind of roll thru phases.

The Axe Fx III as the flagship top of the line product always gets updates first. That's Cliff's baby and he's the man bringing the innovation.

That stuff then trickles down to the FM3 and the FM9, often incorporating stuff from multiple Axe Fx III updates.

The FM3 had a big update to get it closer to the Axe Fx III. Now the same effort is being applied to the FM9.

Don't worry, the sky is not falling ;)

There are only so many people at Fractal... They have 3 different modeling units, and they kind of roll thru phases.

The Axe Fx III as the flagship top of the line product always gets updates first. That's Cliff's baby and he's the man bringing the innovation.

That stuff then trickles down to the FM3 and the FM9, often incorporating stuff from multiple Axe Fx III updates.

The FM3 had a big update to get it closer to the Axe Fx III. Now the same effort is being applied to the FM9.

Don't worry, the sky is not falling ;)
Seriously. If people don’t get their updates every week they lose it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom