FM3 Firmware Version 5.03

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of FM3 Edit freezing... and won't change to different presets a lot of the time, never had this problem before. Maybe I need to reinstall edit again... been using the same one since april 22 when it was released. And it is the latest one.

I'm new here, a ex-AX8 user that uses FM3 for homestudio recordings.

Sorry for my English. Portuguese is my native language.

I think we have 2 points here.

The FAS staff needs stay in the creative side and development of new FW. They do a amazing job here!

On the another hand, the final user needs to receive a complete solution (FW + presets) except for alpha and beta releases.
Since the complete solution is not ready we still in the alpha or beta stage of the development.

Presets is not a gift but a demonstration of how powerful FM3 is.
New users will always start using a guitar processor by the presets.
Having presets that don't work is a bad thing for the brand. Not all people have all the knowledge that many here have.

I believe then that it is prudent to have 4 stages of development. Alpha, Beta, development releases and final releases (FW + presets).
By the way, the FW 5.03 isn't a final release, but a development release.
It would be a good thing to have the option to choose what level of experience the user wants to have. This could be configured in Fractal-Bot.

I'm new here, a ex-AX8 user that uses FM3 for homestudio recordings.

Sorry for my English. Portuguese is my native language.

I think we have 2 points here.

The FAS staff needs stay in the creative side and development of new FW. They do a amazing job here!

On the another hand, the final user needs to receive a complete solution (FW + presets) except for alpha and beta releases.
Since the complete solution is not ready we still in the alpha or beta stage of the development.

Presets is not a gift but a demonstration of how powerful FM3 is.
New users will always start using a guitar processor by the presets.
Having presets that don't work is a bad thing for the brand. Not all people have all the knowledge that many here have.

I believe then that it is prudent to have 4 stages of development. Alpha, Beta, development releases and final releases (FW + presets).
By the way, the FW 5.03 isn't a final release, but a development release.
It would be a good thing to have the option to choose what level of experience the user wants to have. This could be configured in Fractal-Bot.
+1. Is good to express your opinion and I think you are right. But now you will see how there are many who do not accept ways of thinking that say that fractal has been able to do something better, although these suggestions are very positive for the company. I love that company but both thoughts are compatible.

I tried 5.02 and 5.03, but had to roll back to 5.01 because the hold functions of my stand in switches weren't working. I'm back on 5.01 and it's working again. Any advice on what I should do? Any help appreciated. Thanks for the update and all the work you do!IMG_9221.jpegIMG_9222.jpegIMG_9226.jpegIMG_9227.jpeg

Attachments

• FM3-220528-102723-system+gb+fc.syx
    192.6 KB · Views: 2
I tried 5.02 and 5.03, but had to roll back to 5.01 because the hold functions of my stand in switches weren't working. I'm back on 5.01 and it's working again. Any advice on what I should do? Any help appreciated. Thanks for the update and all the work you do!View attachment 102668View attachment 102669View attachment 102670View attachment 102671
Me too, as saved per Scene Controller Channels and various Controller Parameters are not persistent through power cycle with 5.03b6 or 5.03 Release (the only ones I've tested as <= 5.01 all work fine).

For the record, I am having an issue with the 'scene ignore' function affecting exporting / importing of presets. (FW 5.03)

In the following preset, both the Filter and Drive blocks have "Scene Ignore" switched on, and the blocks bypassed.

If I export the preset, and import it again into anothre slot, both blocks will load as engaged (unbypassed).

If I turn off the "scene ignore" and repeat the process, the preset will import properly.

The preset is attached.

1653777162340.png

Attachments

• 500_Blue.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 1
So, fm3 edit is freezing when FM3 is hooked by usb to the computer. It is a consistent and on going problem. FYI

Do you have other programs running? My experience is if you have other programs running with FM3 Edit running in the background on Windows 11 and then try to switch to it doesn't work, but will always stay responsive if you aren't running other programs.

ya'll really care that much about the presets?

One up-side along with the obvious ones is that by knowing the Factory presets inside and out you could grab any Fractal product anywhere out of the box or otherwise and be able to fire it up and rip into it without having to be concerned about any editing, tweaking or uploading whatsoever in some cases-
for whatever that’s worth to someone.
And of course-
if they did not include any presets or just lame ones with no up-dates there would be hell to pay.
Presets are just a necessary evil.

One up-side along with the obvious ones is that by knowing the Factory presets inside and out you could grab any Fractal product anywhere out of the box or otherwise and be able to fire it up and rip into it without having to be concerned about any editing, tweaking or uploading whatsoever in some cases-
for whatever that’s worth to someone.
And of course-
if they did not include any presets or just lame ones with no up-dates there would be hell to pay.
Presets are just a necessary evil.
I'm with you up to the "necessary evil" part; not sure I understand that statement.

I had answered above and just came back to add that I do believe Fractal keeping them updated is very important. Those factory presets are surely the majority's first impression of the unit and first impressions can be significant.

I was immediately having fun when I got my FM3; there was no need to have to struggle to get a good sound straight out of the box.

I'm with you up to the "necessary evil" part; not sure I understand that statement.

I had answered above and just came back to add that I do believe Fractal keeping them updated is very important. Those factory presets are surely the majority's first impression of the unit and first impressions can be significant.

I was immediately having fun when I got my FM3; there was no need to have to struggle to get a good sound straight out of the box.

I think the surprise is more that people own the device for some period of time and still limit themselves to presets. Certainly there are some good sounding ones and several which are essentially tutorials for for how to do certain things, but I guess I thought since I've dialed in my own presets that most others do as well but apparently there is a portion of users who strictly use presets. The units ship with a stable firmware and presets which function properly.

Those factory presets are surely the majority's first impression of the unit and first impressions can be significant.
Um, yes, exactly, same here. I have very unpleasant memories of early excursions into other brands, and wondering WTF THAT preset was about!?

I didn’t have that experience with the presets when I listened to the AX-8, or the FX3 or its siblings. Yes, some presets are “out there”, but I could easily see using the wilder presets as a jumping off place for writing a song, they are definately a muse of sorts.

Perhaps it’s because of early King Crimson, Matching Mole, Zappa, but there are some great exploratory sounds in the factory presets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom