FM3 Firmware Version 5.03

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. Good update. Most of the problems that were observed in 5.02 were fixed. Scenes now switch quickly, everything is stable, without complaints. Although I noticed that some presets went into the CPU limit, I have to set it up again.
If you can because is very dificult for some presets to set them with less cpu. Maybe without the reverb...

The issue is, that algorithm required adding code to every block, which could keep it from being implemented on the FM3. People already complain their presets are exceeding the CPU limits, so we'll have to see what Fractal can do. There's only so much room in that 5lb bucket.
Let me rephrase

I’m most

POTENTIALLY

excited for that.

Kthx 😂

Was debating whether to upgrade or stay on 5.02 because I'd have to get rid of blocks on my main presets because of cpu limit, but after playing around for a few minutes, decided that i could live without a chorus or a second drive block that doesn't get used much. Didn't A/B them, but my presets on 5.03 sound meatier and chewier in the best ways. Main amps are the rectifiers, matchless chieftain, trainwrecks, class a, and splawn.

[…] after playing around for a few minutes, decided that i could live without a chorus or a second drive block that doesn't get used much […]
And that’s exactly how to proceed. It’s so easy to copy the original preset to a different slot, then remove something else and add in the pedals you removed initially.

It takes less than a second to switch presets, and when created right the transition is almost imperceptible. So it’s like having a much bigger preset spread across multiple presets. And, I suspect that rethinking and adjusting the FC layout could make it even more seamless.

Thanks FAS team, you are genuine heroes! Sounds great, and some of the presets which had some volume drops across scenes are now cured as well, you magicians :cool:👊🤟

That would require money though
Yes sir! While I have pretty thoroughly checked the specs in detail of the Axe-FX III before, just last night I was going over all the specs of MKII Turbo. Besides the major expenditure is cash, it’s also just way more hardware than I would ever need or want. The processing power? Maybe, but size and all the I/O is just overkill for me. So saying to get an Axe-III even in jest is just not a great solution. That baby is a Beast!

Just to clarify I don’t have an issue with the processing power of the FM3. As someone mentioned with smart foot control setup and preset management it’s capable of huge sound. Also, I understand your exact wish is somewhat more than just a processing issue and can see the reason it would be a legitimate, but difficult implementation.

Can someone test the virtual capo in the 5.03 release. I am hearing bleed through of both notes -1 pitch on 100% mix coming through. Didn't hear this before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom