FM3 Firmware Version 5.03

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I read something similar in this thread; I am noticing that when using advanced whammy a lag happens when playing, and when using standard whammy it doesn't happen.

I think I read something similar in this thread; I am noticing that when using advanced whammy a lag happens when playing, and when using standard whammy it doesn't happen.
Yep. It can't happen instantaneously because the code/circuitry has to have a chance to look at the incoming signal, figure out the pitch and oversample it to maintain the quality, then shift it, then output it.

Even dedicated hardware, like in a whammy pedal, still takes some time, it's just that people rarely run parallel paths around their pedals so they don't notice it.

Whats the last word on cpu impact with this update? I'm on 5.02 but some presets are tickling warning. I can work it out just curious.
Much love!

Just loaded that one up. Yeah it’s fizzy but it’s a Marshall. On the speaker page you can lower the high frequency a bit. On the preamp page you can lower triode 1 and 2 plate frequency. That will take some life out of it but will reduce fizz. Set the cab hi cut around 7khz or whatever sounds good to your ears. I don’t like that big bright cap on these. Turn it off or lower the cap value. I like higher bias on both pre and power amps since no worries about smoking tubes. These are just suggestions, they may or may not work for you. Change cabs maybe. Best advice is use your own preset since you like it.
Interesting. Im using my FM3 in 4CM with a Friedman head - no IR's or amp modelling used but got some real nasty fizzy sounds happening on v5.3. Turned the FM3 off & on again - fizz is gone.

Todays issue is my FM3 wont connect to the latest version of FM3 edit. It does connect to Fractal Bot but not to FB v1.05.09?? Macbook Pro will connect to my Axe FX II using the same USB port & USB cable but not to the FM3. Anyone else getting this issue???

Last edited:
Reactions: Woz
Hmm I wonder a public beta 4.0 in the chamber?
Wondering too. Loving what I already have in 5.03; but damnit if speaker impedance curves aren't my favourite thing right now. And knowing that there's an "improved speaker impedance curve fitting algorithm" out there is... well... I'm jonesing for that.

Somebody ping me when it happens please; I'm already ashamed of just how many time I've checked back here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom