FM3 Firmware Version 5.03 beta 6 (release candidate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I've seen one instance where a complicated patch with lots of modifiers, control switches, control switch MIDI, and external foot switches that was last saved in 5.01/FM3-Edit-Win-v1p05p07, was seemingly corrupted by 5.03/FM3-Edit-Win-v1p05p09 (including reloaded from a saved export to where VOL/PAN 1 would not see ADSR 2, plus some Scene Controller settings were corrupted as well), and even when everything was manually reset in FM3-Edit-Win-v1p05p09, ultimately no love getting VOL/PAN1 to see ADSR 2?

All editing was done via FM3 Edit in these cases.

Weird, however that was only one patch as other similar patches have been fine so far (USB or Windoz glitch perhaps)?

I would suggest that Fractal QA take a good look at FM3/FM3 Edit preset/bundle file integrity during save, save as, save to a new preset, import and export preset/bundle etc, with a special note of updated older version preset/bundle files before release to be safe etc.

I am very new to this, so please be patient. I did a full backup with FractalBot, loaded the new firmware on my FM3, and installed the new FM3Edit on my MacBook. Everything seems to have went well. Is there some type of reset I should run to make everything smooth?

I am very new to this, so please be patient. I did a full backup with FractalBot, loaded the new firmware on my FM3, and installed the new FM3Edit on my MacBook. Everything seems to have went well. Is there some type of reset I should run to make everything smooth?
Not typically required. Are you having issues?

Well, I've seen one instance where a complicated patch with lots of modifiers, control switches, control switch MIDI, and external foot switches that was last saved in 5.01/FM3-Edit-Win-v1p05p07, was seemingly corrupted by 5.03/FM3-Edit-Win-v1p05p09 (including reloaded from a saved export to where VOL/PAN 1 would not see ADSR 2, plus some Scene Controller settings were corrupted as well), and even when everything was manually reset in FM3-Edit-Win-v1p05p09, ultimately no love getting VOL/PAN1 to see ADSR 2?

All editing was done via FM3 Edit in these cases.

Weird, however that was only one patch as other similar patches have been fine so far (USB or Windoz glitch perhaps)?

I would suggest that Fractal QA take a good look at FM3/FM3 Edit preset/bundle file integrity during save, save as, save to a new preset, import and export preset/bundle etc, with a special note of updated older version preset/bundle files before release to be safe etc.

Note that this has happened a second time (after power off and reboot), so the corrupted preset and a report has been sent to Matt and Mark at support.

These are the bugs that are now killing me (this is what caused VOL/PAN 1 not to respond to ADSR 2, wrong Controller Channel and ADSR 2 settings etc)...

a) Controller Channel not persistent when saving from 5.03/FM3-Edit-Win-v1p05p09, and rebooting.

b) ADSR 1, ADSR 2, Envelope/Manual, Scene Controllers 1+2, Scene Controllers 3+4's parameter settings at minimum not persistent when saving from 5.03/FM3-Edit-Win-v1p05p09 and rebooting.

In my tests I used Controller Channel A for all 8 Scenes, and Preset Location 006, with no Scene Ignores used, and all from the Editor (FM3-Edit-Win-v1p05p09).

This is a show-stopper IME.

Please fix, as I love the sound and feel of the Amp Block additions, though it's back to 5.01 for me.

Last edited:
Today i've experienced the first FREEZE of my FM3, while changing SCENE on a my personal preset.
I hope it didn't occur again :-(

Yup. It's definitely NOT a daily drinker. :)

I might have to go to the store soon.
It's kind of expensive, but worth it. Really worth it. It's also expensive in calories (300 for 12oz IIRC). Guinness is practically a diet beer in comparison.

I can't really drink scotch or bourbon, as much as I like them, but Dragon's Milk isn't a problem.

So on my gig over the weekend I was a bit nervous to change to 5.03 beta 6, so I stayed on beta 2 for the gig, and played almost the entire set with a Bassguy patch. No problems. Better the devil you know and all that....

Hoping to officially release this next week and then get the factory presets updated.
Thank you so much for all your hard work. The presets could be challenging with the increased CPU usage. One of my favorite presets, Fremens Mini Drones, is fun to noodle over and showcases what is possible with the FM3. However, once I loaded up 5.2, it stopped responding to scene changes, presumably because its running at about 88% with a big warning light. I hope it can be salvaged. I just finished up a month long show using 5.2 and the Fender type amps sounded incredible at stage volume, with chime and twang and pitch definition. You folks perform some awesome musical magic. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Hi there, with this update the hold function of my stand-in switch is no longer working. I have a two-button foot switch. The ring is working as expected, but the tip is only responding to a tap, hold isn't doing anything anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom