FM3 Firmware Version 5.03 beta 6 (release candidate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's odd if switching Amp block channels is the ONLY change that's happening, as that shouldn't affect the CPU; but you're riding quite high, going into the low-to-mid 80%s... I do the same thing. Are you sure there's no other changes happening in any other block that might bump the CPU over the edge?
I ll check other blocks channels.. Anyway switching back to a scene that was in the limit shouldn't be resume normal operations? Mine freeze in the warning mute.

I ll check other blocks channels.. Anyway switching back to a scene that was in the limit shouldn't be resume normal operations? Mine freeze in the warning mute.
Ah, so you were changing a scene that also happened to have an Amp block channel change in it; yeah, that makes sense. I'm sure there was something else in there that pushed it over the edge.

But no, once a preset goes silent, you have to change presets to get the sound back. When you go BACK to the preset in question to a scene that wasn't overloading the unit, it'll work.

Ah, so you were changing a scene that also happened to have an Amp block channel change in it; yeah, that makes sense. I'm sure there was something else in there that pushed it over the edge.

But no, once a preset goes silent, you have to change presets to get the sound back. When you go BACK to the preset in question to a scene that wasn't overloading the unit, it'll work.
Not in my case.. The unit freezes also back to the scene a was playing for one hour

Not in my case.. The unit freezes also back to the scene a was playing for one hour
Yeah, man, just keep it under 80 and you'll be fine. Above 80%, you never know what it's gonna do. It's frustrating that it feels like we're being denied almost 20% of the already-limited power of the unit, but it is what it is.

Yeah, man, just keep it under 80 and you'll be fine. Above 80%, you never know what it's gonna do. It's frustrating that it feels like we're being denied almost 20% of the already-limited power of the unit, but it is what it is.
Well it doesnt have to work this way... Lot of presests are over 80 and before never had problems

I've experienced the freeze up with factory presets lately, but I honestly don't use the factory presets. I was just goofing around for fun and noticed a couple of them with high CPU usage. I just avoid them. FAS will have it sorted out in time.

I installed the Beta and tried it several times. I did not realize any problems. The only point I want to mention is, that with my Telecaster the Bassguy presets sound a little bit dull. As I can remember, the sound of former firmewares was different. Now it is not so clear.

A lot smoother, to me...

As with audio, so it is generally with processing. Headroom matters. I doubt you are actually underutilizing anything.
No, yeah, I understand. I just wish it would scale differently then, if for no other reason that the feel-goods lol. Instead of capping out and crapping out around 85%, make THAT 100% instead (or make the current "83%" be the new 100% so there's no way it could ever go over. Then again, some units, like the Empress ZOIA and the Poly Beebo can do wonderful things at 120% CPU lol!

No, yeah, I understand. I just wish it would scale differently then, if for no other reason that the feel-goods lol. Instead of capping out and crapping out around 85%, make THAT 100% instead (or make the current "83%" be the new 100% so there's no way it could ever go over. Then again, some units, like the Empress ZOIA and the Poly Beebo can do wonderful things at 120% CPU lol!
I like that Fractal gives us professional metering without fudging the details. :)

Totally depends on the settings. Things like Output Compression increase CPU usage.
I thought the amp block’s DSP wasn’t measured on the display since it’s on its own chip (or part of a chip)… or maybe this is just the Axe Fx III?

I thought the amp block’s DSP wasn’t measured on the display since it’s on its own chip (or part of a chip)… or maybe this is just the Axe Fx III?
That's my understanding also. So changing amp channels shouldn't cause an error. But changing everything else could.

I just wanted to clarify that different amp channels can have different impact on CPU. Which can be reflected in main CPU usage. Demonstrated by turning up Out Comp from zero to a higher value.

Hi all. Just an update since it has been some time. The engineer who works mainly on FM3 firmware has been out sick, so hang in there and this release will make its way from beta to release as soon as possible.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom