FM3 Firmware Version 5.03 beta 6 (release candidate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually use Grammerly’s plug-in to double-check inside my desktop browser because it does a good job analyzing the tone of our speech to help catch unintended tone in what I write.
With all do respect, but if this is where we are culturally then we’re doomed. Maybe forums and internet sites should have some logo stating “this is a Western World POV, it will be weighted to western world vernacular. Etc.” please be aware. Other parts of the world can do the same. Because anal retentiveness is not part of my makeup. Or I do everything possible to make sure it doesn’t creep into my psyche. 😉

Congrats on the 25th anniversary.
I started in '93 on os2/SunOS/freebsd (trading/realtime) and dabbed into windows for a year (a wasted one - '96).
OS2 ? And the 1 year you tried Windows was the wasted one ? Nevermind, I think I understand now.

Myself, I'm coming from a professional game development background and while I understand many of the issues and discussion at a high level, I am definitively NOT a real time DSP programmer. From an engineering mindset I actually like the idea of setting the 100% mark at a nominal safe level and allowing the counter to exceed 100% into a "danger zone". This to me is a better expression not of the technical CPU cycle situation (which frankly is not very important to a user) but rather of the actual available processing power and risk level (which is extremely important). However I think you'd never really get away with that type of readout in a mass market device. It'd confuse more people than it would help.
Coming from a mostly hardware design perspective, you can tell in how the information and selections are presented in the Fractal UI that the designers have spent a LOT of time with bench test equipment. It just has that feel. This is not meant as a criticism, in fact I like it. But I liked the UI on the Line 6 HD500, so what do I know.

Coming from a mostly hardware design perspective, you can tell in how the information and selections are presented in the Fractal UI that the designers have spent a LOT of time with bench test equipment. It just has that feel. This is not meant as a criticism, in fact I like it. But I liked the UI on the Line 6 HD500, so what do I know.
That’s nice- but stay on topic please.
Mangini.

Coming from a mostly hardware design perspective, you can tell in how the information and selections are presented in the Fractal UI that the designers have spent a LOT of time with bench test equipment. It just has that feel.
Yep.

Here’s how I see it. Of course you can push extreme technology to 100% or even a instant beyond, but you risk this. The word “nominal” is used in tech. There’s a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom