FM3 Firmware Version 5.03 beta 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, some presets seem to have very inaccurate cpu usage. They are getting muted when they shouldn't be.
When a preset gets muted because of high CPU usage, blocks get disabled. All of a sudden, that high-CPU preset isn't using so much CPU any more. But it's still muted, because if those blocks were re-enabled, the CPU usage would be too high.

Last edited:
Beta installed, no problem with the bassguy 59.
It also seems to me that the presets use less CPU than before, but it is very strange that some people experience such problems and others don't....

Beta installed, no problem with the bassguy 59.
It also seems to me that the presets use less CPU than before, but it is very strange that some people experience such problems and others don't....
I'm one of those people who rarely has problems with Beta releases, but I think it's because I'm not a good candidate for betas. I tend to find a sound I like and stay there. My presets are basically Amp-->Cab-->Delay. Nothing fancy to suss out any real issues.

For me everything ok.. Sound great.. I only noticed the cpu also in 5.2 gravitate between 82.1 to warning just playing.. Is it normal?

Seems working for me too despite of slight raise of cpu power on my presets that will get them to around 80% instead of 76 or something under 80.

it's all because of...the curse of the possessed FM3 59 Bassguy:eek:
Turned into a false alarm. I have been unable to reproduce after producing it the one time. Reloaded beta 5 and tried again on every 59 bass guy and all seems fine now

Last edited:
The only thing I've noticed 59 bass guy bright is if the bright drive is set to 0 nothing shows in the headroom meter. There is the faintest of sound if you crank the output up and can see it on the meters of the output block.
None of the other 59 bass guy models exhibit this.
No crashing or anything.

Noticed on 5.02 and still the same on 5.03-beta that Friedman BE V3 triode 2 plate frequency is at 40000hz and V1 & V2 is at 8500.3hz.
HBE shows the same settings.
Is this correct?

Definitely no need for folks to spend their free time writing stuff like this up, but as someone who's worked a lot with embedded devices for a while, it'd be super interesting to hear about the challenges this 59 bassguy model specifically is causing and/or where the bugs are occurring. I'd be fascinated in a nerdy way to hear more about that some day.

The level of support on these products is honestly rare and worth commending once again, thanks to the FAS team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom