FM3 Firmware Version 5.03 beta 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which issue?

Your description doesn’t match what I mentioned.
"FM3 locking up while shuffling presets around using the Preset Manager"
Mine started randomly locking up outside of the manager, just switching scenes. It hasn't done it today, but yesterday it did it so much I put the guitar down.

"FM3 locking up while shuffling presets around using the Preset Manager"
Mine started randomly locking up outside of the manager, just switching scenes. It hasn't done it today, but yesterday it did it so much I put the guitar down.
That’s definitely not the same. My report only applies to working within the preset manager.

Please describe “locking up” better:
  1. You had no sound and the hardware controls did nothing?
  2. You had no sound but the hardware controls worked?
  3. You had sound but no hardware controls worked?
Does the hardware lock up every time you use it, or only on a specific preset?

Did you power the unit down when it locked up yesterday and it behaved better when you restarted it? Or did you leave it running and it worked ok when you started working with it again?

Can you duplicate the problem?

So I should be setting the Speaker Impedance to match my cabinets, or is that just for cab sims?

Definitely no need for folks to spend their free time writing stuff like this up, but as someone who's worked a lot with embedded devices for a while, it'd be super interesting to hear about the challenges this 59 bassguy model specifically is causing and/or where the bugs are occurring. I'd be fascinated in a nerdy way to hear more about that some day.

The level of support on these products is honestly rare and worth commending once again, thanks to the FAS team.
That's the FIRST amp in the list. Sometimes stupid little things screw-up the subsequent items when processing a list. happened to me.

That's the FIRST amp in the list. Sometimes stupid little things screw-up the subsequent items when processing a list. happened to me.

That's a good observation! I'd love to grab a beer with someone working on the problem one day to find out what eventually was the root cause here. The triggering behavior is very strange. I am used to working on mobile devices are cars, so I've seen a lot of weird stuff :)

anyone else use really simple chains that never bug out, so the desire of new updates is simply out of the meaningless human want of new things?

I’m on the FM3 so it is simple yes lol. Seriously though, it will do a lot but I’m just drive amp cab delay reverb out. I haven’t ran the beta this time because I’m pretty happy with it right now. I’m also using the Bassguy lately, and going to wait for the release. Seems that amp had issues but sounds like they nailed it.

This comment won't help with the discussion, and maybe I'm lucky, but here goes... I have owned an original 5F6A tweed Bassman for decades, and have never heard any modeler get a usable tone like it except for the Fractal Bassguy. It just works. And I've been using the Bassguy model all through several of the 5.03 beta releases (most except for the latest), with no problems. I might have had to tweak levels, but I expect to do that with new releases. Sounded darn good live all this time.

Another lucky thing in the Fractal universe is how everyone can try beta releases if they want. Other modeler/profiler makers are a bit more careful with their distribution of betas. I like being able to try new stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom