FM3 Firmware Version 5.03 beta 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

rglr

Fractal Audio Systems
FM3 Firmware Version 5.03 beta 4 is now available for download:
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/fm3/5p0/fm3_dsp_rel_5p03_beta_4.zip

A new version of FM3-Edit is required for FW version 5.03:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm3-edit-1-05-09-supports-firmware-5-03-public-beta-1.183431/

This build fixes the following issues found in previous 5.03 betas:
  • 59 Bassguy Bright displayed on every preset
  • Incorrect audio levels across presets and scenes
  • Amp and Delay block mix parameters not setting properly

NEW AND IMPROVED FEATURES​

• Added “Scene Ignore” to most blocks. When set to ON, Scene Ignore instructs the block to ignore scene changes. Scene Ignore is a per-channel parameter. This allows turning Scene Ignore to OFF on one or more channels which will then allow a scene change to set the block to a desired state if the block is on that channel.
  • Added frequency and cents text to Tuner display.
  • Improved Amp block transformer/speaker interaction modeling. The “Voice Coil Resistance” parameter has been repurposed/renamed “Speaker Impedance”. The various parameters work as follows:
    • Transformer Matching: Sets the impedance ratio (square of the turns ratio) of the output transformer.
    • Speaker Impedance: Sets the relative nominal impedance of the speaker. To simulate connecting, e.g., a 4-ohm speaker to an 8-ohm output you would set Speaker Impedance to 0.5. Conversely to simulate connecting a 16-ohm speaker you would set it to 2.0.
  • Update PI Bias Excursion parameters for many Amp models based on new measurement technique.

FIXES​

• Fixed 59 Bassguy Jumped audio drop when Normal Drive is set to zero and Bright Drive is adjusted rapidly.
  • Fixed crash in Plex Delay block when Master Time is zero.
  • Fixed crash in Parametric EQ block graph when modifier update rate set to Medium or Fast.
  • Per-Preset FC Settings pages will now scroll properly.

The sound cut-off in 59 Bassguy is still there (after rocking Bright Drive up and down repeatedly).

The bug reported in 5.03beta3 where the '59 Bassguy Normal' model crashes at low gain settings is still there!
It just happened to me again when I set Normal Drive to '0' and increased Bright Drive from '0'. A tone can then no longer be heard on any preset. In the meters display you can see that the levels are present up to the input of the amp block, then all meters are red and its silent. Power cycle and all works again.

The sound cut-off in 59 Bassguy is still there (after rocking Bright Drive up and down repeatedly).

The bug reported in 5.03beta3 where the '59 Bassguy Normal' model crashes at low gain settings is still there!
It just happened to me again when I set Normal Drive to '0' and increased Bright Drive from '0'. A tone can then no longer be heard on any preset. In the meters display you can see that the levels are present up to the input of the amp block, then all meters are red and its silent. Power cycle and all works again.
I have this fixed. I will wait a bit for more bug reports before posting a beta 5.

I just reproduced the same problem with 59 Bassguy Bright. This will also be fixed in the next beta.

FM3 Firmware Version 5.03 beta 4 is now available for download:
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/fm3/5p0/fm3_dsp_rel_5p03_beta_4.zip

A new version of FM3-Edit is required for FW version 5.03:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm3-edit-1-05-09-supports-firmware-5-03-public-beta-1.183431/

This build fixes the following issues found in previous 5.03 betas:
  • 59 Bassguy Bright displayed on every preset
  • Incorrect audio levels across presets and scenes
  • Amp and Delay block mix parameters not setting properly

NEW AND IMPROVED FEATURES​

• Added “Scene Ignore” to most blocks. When set to ON, Scene Ignore instructs the block to ignore scene changes. Scene Ignore is a per-channel parameter. This allows turning Scene Ignore to OFF on one or more channels which will then allow a scene change to set the block to a desired state if the block is on that channel.
  • Added frequency and cents text to Tuner display.
  • Improved Amp block transformer/speaker interaction modeling. The “Voice Coil Resistance” parameter has been repurposed/renamed “Speaker Impedance”. The various parameters work as follows:
    • Transformer Matching: Sets the impedance ratio (square of the turns ratio) of the output transformer.
    • Speaker Impedance: Sets the relative nominal impedance of the speaker. To simulate connecting, e.g., a 4-ohm speaker to an 8-ohm output you would set Speaker Impedance to 0.5. Conversely to simulate connecting a 16-ohm speaker you would set it to 2.0.
  • Update PI Bias Excursion parameters for many Amp models based on new measurement technique.

FIXES​

• Fixed 59 Bassguy Jumped audio drop when Normal Drive is set to zero and Bright Drive is adjusted rapidly.
  • Fixed crash in Plex Delay block when Master Time is zero.
  • Fixed crash in Parametric EQ block graph when modifier update rate set to Medium or Fast.
  • Per-Preset FC Settings pages will now scroll properly.
59 Bassguy still cutting out.. SMH...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom