FM3 Firmware Version 5.03 beta 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

rglr

Fractal Audio Systems
FM3 Firmware Version 5.03 beta 3 is now available for download:
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/fm3/5p0/fm3_dsp_rel_5p03_beta_3.zip

A new version of FM3-Edit is required for this version:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm3-edit-1-05-09-supports-firmware-5-03-public-beta-1.183431/

This build fixes the following issues found in previous 5.03 betas:
  • 59 Bassguy Bright displayed on every preset
  • Incorrect audio levels across presets and scenes

NEW AND IMPROVED FEATURES​

• Added “Scene Ignore” to most blocks. When set to ON, Scene Ignore instructs the block to ignore scene changes. Scene Ignore is a per-channel parameter. This allows turning Scene Ignore to OFF on one or more channels which will then allow a scene change to set the block to a desired state if the block is on that channel.
  • Added frequency and cents text to Tuner display.
  • Improved Amp block transformer/speaker interaction modeling. The “Voice Coil Resistance” parameter has been repurposed/renamed “Speaker Impedance”. The various parameters work as follows:
    • Transformer Matching: Sets the impedance ratio (square of the turns ratio) of the output transformer.
    • Speaker Impedance: Sets the relative nominal impedance of the speaker. To simulate connecting, e.g., a 4-ohm speaker to an 8-ohm output you would set Speaker Impedance to 0.5. Conversely to simulate connecting a 16-ohm speaker you would set it to 2.0.
  • Update PI Bias Excursion parameters for many Amp models based on new measurement technique.

FIXES​

• Fixed 59 Bassguy Jumped audio drop when Normal Drive is set to zero and Bright Drive is adjusted rapidly.
  • Fixed crash in Plex Delay block when Master Time is zero.
  • Fixed crash in Parametric EQ block graph when modifier update rate set to Medium or Fast.
  • Per-Preset FC Settings pages will now scroll properly.

Last edited:
Thank you! Had my levels all over the place with the previous beta, so the quick fix is, as always, very much appreciated!

pip-boy.jpg

Cue the dramatic feedback: Not that my opinion/experience matters, but the levels are back to where I think they were in 5.02 and things sound good again. Thanks!

Another great firmware update. So far I have not noticed any errors.
It seems like the input is less sensitive. The red light ticks less often.
The unit responds even better to pickup switching and the subtleties of different guitars are brought out even better, although the release notes don't say anything about that. To my ears it sounds even more open and more natural.

Do we have a few new delay types, or don't I just remember having them before..?

But yeah, everything sounds great so far, levels and all.

My English is probably bad, I'm sorry.

Delay block seems to be fine. But. If I save the "AMP Level" directly on the FM3 unit and save -10dB, than jump to another preset and back, I have loaded -11.9dB. Can anyone verify this problem directly on the FM3 unit?

updated, checked and indeed all the audio level problems are solved my end. This update sounds killer. Great work FAS team !! Tx as always.

Delay block seems to be fine. But. If I save the "AMP Level" directly on the FM3 unit and save -10dB, than jump to another preset and back, I have loaded -11.9dB. Can anyone verify this problem directly on the FM3 unit?
Have you updated FM3- edit?

Make sure that you are comparing the same channel.

Make sure that you are comparing the same channel.
Hi Yek,

Yes, the same channel. To be sure, I changed the other channels to a diametrically different amplifier. I store -30 dB and read back -26.4 dB. Retry, save -20dB, reload -22.1dB.
third, this time saving -10dB, loaded -12.5dB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom