Fractal Audio Systems
FM3 Firmware Version 5.03 beta 3 is now available for download:
A new version of FM3-Edit is required for this version:
This build fixes the following issues found in previous 5.03 betas:
- 59 Bassguy Bright displayed on every preset
- Incorrect audio levels across presets and scenes
NEW AND IMPROVED FEATURES
- Added “Scene Ignore” to most blocks. When set to ON, Scene Ignore instructs the block to ignore scene changes. Scene Ignore is a per-channel parameter. This allows turning Scene Ignore to OFF on one or more channels which will then allow a scene change to set the block to a desired state if the block is on that channel.
- Added frequency and cents text to Tuner display.
- Improved Amp block transformer/speaker interaction modeling. The “Voice Coil Resistance” parameter has been repurposed/renamed “Speaker Impedance”. The various parameters work as follows:
- Transformer Matching: Sets the impedance ratio (square of the turns ratio) of the output transformer.
- Speaker Impedance: Sets the relative nominal impedance of the speaker. To simulate connecting, e.g., a 4-ohm speaker to an 8-ohm output you would set Speaker Impedance to 0.5. Conversely to simulate connecting a 16-ohm speaker you would set it to 2.0.
- Update PI Bias Excursion parameters for many Amp models based on new measurement technique.
- Fixed 59 Bassguy Jumped audio drop when Normal Drive is set to zero and Bright Drive is adjusted rapidly.
- Fixed crash in Plex Delay block when Master Time is zero.
- Fixed crash in Parametric EQ block graph when modifier update rate set to Medium or Fast.
- Per-Preset FC Settings pages will now scroll properly.
My FM3 has been randomly changing parameter levels (all blocks) I've changed on it's own since I got it almost two years ago. Not by much, but I'll constandly will notice a number say 6.13 when I know I didn't dial in that number. because I would have make it 6.10 or 6.15. I've just been living with it.
Could very well be the problem since I only play through the unit itself, using Edit only for upgrades, etc., and I've tweaked the living hell out of this thing. Thanks for posting. Right now it's no big deal, and hopefully it will stay that way.I had this exact issue on my AX8 - it eventually got worse. The problem was the knob itself, not the software/firmware... tried to DIY fix (solder a new one to the circuit board), but created more issues. I suggest you send it in to FAS if you want it fixed. If I recall, the knob itself was like $12 + labor and shipping.
Could very well be the problem since I only play through the unit itself, using Edit only for upgrades, etc., and I've tweaked the living hell out of this thing. Thanks for posting. Right now it's no big deal, and hopefully it will stay that way.
They haven't been released yet for this round of FWs.Sorry for the dumb question, but there are updated version of the factory presets ?
Or they are the same i could download on G66/official website dated 08/17/2021 ?
FM3 Factory PresetsZip Archive—Aug 17, 2021
Factory preset banks, For FM3 firmware 4.01