FM3 Firmware Version 5.03 beta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I also noticed problems with storing / loading the correct AMP level. The unit cannot overwrite the value, FMEdit saves the value, but reads incorrectly when jumping to another preset and back.

But the sound is definitely better than in v. 5.02. Now is more open, very inspiring. Something good happened in the middle frequencies ...

I've found that the volume jump in my preset is due to the DELAY BLOCK MIX reseting to default (15%) when loading. My delay block is in parallel (100% mix). Is there anyone with the same issue?

EDIT: Refreshing 'after new firmware' once again has solved the issue.

Last edited:
Spillover is for preset changes, not scene changes...
Hey unix-guy !

Thanks .... but wow ..... surely there must be a way to get Delay and Reverb Spillover from Scene-Change-to-Scene-Change ..... I cant imagine that's not doable (?)

Thanks,
Ben

Hey unix-guy !

Thanks .... but wow ..... surely there must be a way to get Delay and Reverb Spillover from Scene-Change-to-Scene-Change ..... I cant imagine that's not doable (?)

Thanks,
Ben
SPILLOVER - p.112 in the manual …

WHEN BYPASSING AN EFFECT... Effect block spillover is easy and requires only a particular setting in the block. For tails to ring out when an individual block is bypassed, set that block's Bypass Mode to “MUTE FX IN”. If an effect is running in parallel, use “MUTE IN” instead. Be aware that different channels share effect memory, so changes to delay time, reverb size, etc, may cause a “sweep” in the tail.

WHEN SWITCHING SCENES... Switching Scenes provides one of the best ways for sound changes to have perfect spillover. Since Scenes simply bypass or engage blocks one-by-one or in groups, just refer to the instructions above for all blocks in your preset.

I've found that the volume jump in my preset is due to the DELAY BLOCK MIX reseting to default (15%) when loading. My delay block is in parallel (100% mix). Is there anyone with the same issue?

EDIT: Refreshing 'after new firmware' once again has solved the issue.
Hmmm just rolled back to 5.02
I should check this too because using parallel delay too.

SPILLOVER - p.112 in the manual …

WHEN BYPASSING AN EFFECT... Effect block spillover is easy and requires only a particular setting in the block. For tails to ring out when an individual block is bypassed, set that block's Bypass Mode to “MUTE FX IN”. If an effect is running in parallel, use “MUTE IN” instead. Be aware that different channels share effect memory, so changes to delay time, reverb size, etc, may cause a “sweep” in the tail.

WHEN SWITCHING SCENES... Switching Scenes provides one of the best ways for sound changes to have perfect spillover. Since Scenes simply bypass or engage blocks one-by-one or in groups, just refer to the instructions above for all blocks in your preset.

Hmmmm ... ok ... just did this ^^ ..... I saved the scene / preset .... tested going from a Scene with Delay to a Scene with same Delay turned off and the trails worked as they should ..... I then moved to another preset and then went back to the "fixed" preset, and the Delay trails stopped working !?!?!?

Can anyone else test / confirm this (?)

Globally Spillover is set to ALL

Ben

Hmmmm ... ok ... just did this ^^ ..... I saved the scene / preset .... tested going from a Scene with Delay to a Scene with same Delay turned off and the trails worked as they should ..... I then moved to another preset and then went back to the "fixed" preset, and the Delay trails stopped working !?!?!?

Can anyone else test / confirm this (?)

Globally Spillover is set to ALL

Ben
Created a preset Ben1 with IN - AMP - CAB - DELAY - OUT with 2 scenes and bypass mode set to MUTE FX IN for both scenes.

Scene 1 DELAY ON
Scene 2 DELAY OFF

Copied Ben1 to Ben2

Ben1 initializes to Scene 1
Ben2 initializes to Scene 2

Confirmed Spillover has stopped working both across presets and between scenes.

Not sure if this has been covered yet, but I'm having an issue where the delay block is panned hard right as soon as my preset loads, even though the balance control is centered. Moving the balanced control any amount fixes the issue and I get sound out of both channels.

This even occurs when the Delay block is bypassed. I have already reset the block, as well as "Refresh after Firmware Update".

Attachments

• 5150 Block.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 1
Created a preset Ben1 with IN - AMP - CAB - DELAY - OUT with 2 scenes and bypass mode set to MUTE FX IN for both scenes.

Scene 1 DELAY ON
Scene 2 DELAY OFF

Copied Ben1 to Ben2

Ben1 initializes to Scene 1
Ben2 initializes to Scene 2

Confirmed Spillover has stopped working both across presets and between scenes.

Many thanks for testing and verifying :)

All the best,
Ben

Can someone give me a practical example where "scene ignore" would come in handy. Trying to wrap my head around that one and it's not clicking for me.

(To be clear: not saying this isn't a good feature to have, just that i'm too stupid to understand how to use it)

Can someone give me a practical example where "scene ignore" would come in handy. Trying to wrap my head around that one and it's not clicking for me.

(To be clear: not saying this isn't a good feature to have, just that i'm too stupid to understand how to use it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom