FM3 Firmware Version 5.01

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only people who think code is interesting think this way.
I get your point, but it wasn’t really my point. I really have little programming skills and definitely would find it difficult to find anything interesting about it. I suppose the reason I don’t take it lightly.

As I sit here with no electricity for over 16 hours and 19°F temps in a suburban USA area because we had a few hours of above average wind yesterday, I need an electric car like I need a hole in the head.

Also, the masses won’t be getting Tesla’s! We will be getting tiny electric clown cars that are connected to a grid and some idiot bureaucrat will decide where and if you can drive that day.

Elon made electric cars for the masses a reality, and put the US back into space. He has an incredible mind, is always thinking, and makes things happen.
I’ve gotta say I really don’t care about Mars. Mars is pointless. It’s a rock. If I was going to put my money somewhere really useful it would be FTL drives and fusion.

I would have thought that this would be common knowledge with gear that depends on code to work, BUT never take doing Firmware updates lightly. Even when they’re so called official releases and not beta.
Anyone who owns an iPhone or an iPad has a very good understanding of this and spends some quality time reading before permitting any Apple update....or just doesn't mind pain.

As I sit here with no electricity for over 16 hours and 19°F temps in a suburban USA area because we had a few hours of above average wind yesterday, I need an electric car like I need a hole in the head.

Also, the masses won’t be getting Tesla’s! We will be getting tiny electric clown cars that are connected to a grid and some idiot bureaucrat will decide where and if you can drive that day.

I bought an electric car, love it. Of course, I live in an area where temps are regularly warm enough that I don't have to chase penguins away from my garbage cans every day.

I bought an electric car, love it. Of course, I live in an area where temps are regularly warm enough that I don't have to chase penguins away from my garbage cans every day.
In full disclosure our power is usually rather stable and constant we just have had some crazy weather the last couple of days. It went from 60°F to 20°F in less than a 12 hour period with most of the drop in a few hours. As you can imagine heavy wind and downed trees are a result. Usually our Utility Workers are fast and quick to restore power, but like many things lately things have been far from usual. Now tomorrow it’s suppose to be back around 60°F again. There’s a phrase “ March, in like Lion out like a Lamb”. It’s not quite March yet, but in PA USA this is typical end of Winter weather. I used the coincidence to vent about having to use candles and flashlights and our inside house temp dropping to 40°! We finally got power after 20 hours.🤪 As far as personal movement technology, there’s a place and time for most everything.

Not sure if this has been reported during FW5 beta or since the release but I came across following behavior of the IIC++ today when following LT guide:

Once I dial back the presence below 2 the signal becomes weak and eventually disappears completely.
I'm playing a PRS with quite high output ceramic pickups so I don't think it's the signal to the FM3.

Does anyone have the same behavior?

Not sure if this has been reported during FW5 beta or since the release but I came across following behavior of the IIC++ today when following LT guide:

Once I dial back the presence below 2 the signal becomes weak and eventually disappears completely.
I'm playing a PRS with quite high output ceramic pickups so I don't think it's the signal to the FM3.

That's how these amps function IRL. The Mark series is well known for this. I think it's even in Yek's guide.

I observed this behavior as well and Fractal confirmed that it will be fixed in the next release.

Verified and will be fixed for next firmware release.

Reactions: 4CM
In full disclosure our power is usually rather stable and constant we just have had some crazy weather the last couple of days. It went from 60°F to 20°F in less than a 12 hour period with most of the drop in a few hours. As you can imagine heavy wind and downed trees are a result. Usually our Utility Workers are fast and quick to restore power, but like many things lately things have been far from usual. Now tomorrow it’s suppose to be back around 60°F again. There’s a phrase “ March, in like Lion out like a Lamb”. It’s not quite March yet, but in PA USA this is typical end of Winter weather. I used the coincidence to vent about having to use candles and flashlights and our inside house temp dropping to 40°! We finally got power after 20 hours.🤪 As far as personal movement technology, there’s a place and time for most everything.

Yeah we had some massive outages in TX last year due to crazy winter weather. My EV shift was all about the limited ranges I drive on a daily basis and being sick of playing oil/gas price games, but we have gas car for longer trips which we'll keep until the point either EVs are pushing 500 mile ranges or charging time/infrastructure grows in a big way . If it was economically feasible to get completely off the electrical grid, I'd do that in a heartbeat too.

Yeah we had some massive outages in TX last year due to crazy winter weather. My EV shift was all about the limited ranges I drive on a daily basis and being sick of playing oil/gas price games, but we have gas car for longer trips which we'll keep until the point either EVs are pushing 500 mile ranges or charging time/infrastructure grows in a big way . If it was economically feasible to get completely off the electrical grid, I'd do that in a heartbeat too.
That's all interesting and I am sure it affects you but maybe the lounge is a better place to talk about weather? Most people looking at this thread want to see what changed with the new firmware and that gets in the way.

That's all interesting and I am sure it affects you but maybe the lounge is a better place to talk about weather? Most people looking at this thread want to see what changed with the new firmware and that gets in the way.
Yeah, yeah, yeah…if you happen to look the “off topic” (weather) posts amount to 4 spanned over 3 days. If you’re that incapable of finding your way through that then I hope you don’t drive a car or anything else that takes higher functions. The real truth is this thread has just about petered out. Most of the new posts are repeats by people who have not bothered to read through from the beginning and found that their issue has already been addressed or are also off topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom