FM3 Firmware Version 5.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
No update information in fm3 firmware updates thread.
I actually just came onto this thread to request that they add a post to that "FM3 Firmware Updates". As v5 was in beta, I kept watching that thread for the good news. But then the good news came out in a different pinned thread. It's ok, but I do like the idea that all the updates show up in that closed/pinned thread, a one-stop shop for quick news about the updates with no additional posts to sift through.

Can I just say how stunning FAS Buttery is? Dude. This is probably old news for you guys/ladies that had Fractal stuff prior to the FM3. But damn, this is nuts. Like, I need the Buttery and then maybe the BandCommander for cleans, and that's about it. I mean, obviously I still tinker with all the other shit, but this is such a damn legit amp model. When it's not actually an amp model, per se. :D

Hi everyone,
For my part, I have the impression that all the factory presets with mid and high gain, sound much worse than with firmware 4.01:veryconfused:

Hey everyone! finally getting around to updating. So far loving almost everything about it Quick question though... if this has been addressed i havent seen it yet, so i apologize. Can anyone tell me if this is possible please?

QUICK BACKSTORY. I arrange my presets in song/setlist order for my artists, and i use an external switch to bank up 1 (press) bank down 1 (hold) to quickly go song to song. I live in SCENE mode on my FC6 and have song sections labeled INTRO/VERSE/CHORUS etc. I also like having the "second press goes to previous scene" as it can be handy on the fly.

QUESTION PART: With this newest update, my preset will start on INTRO scene. once i step on VERSE scene, it displays what second tap will go back to (INTRO scene) and its driving me mad. Is there a way to disable the label showing your second tap destination? If i use custom labels it affects everrything since im using Live Gold (Austin Buddy). It didn't do that with Firmware 4.01.

Thanks y'all!

Bug?
I've noticed that all of my presets that have the gain enhancer enabled in the amp block now sound strange - the sustain of the strings is choking off as if the noise gate was set too high. You can test it by activating it, setting the Out Comp Threshold at -35dB and hitting the guitar hard. Let them sound and hear the castrated finish!
And if you play it so quietly that the Gain Reduction display doesn't change and then slowly turn up the Out Compression control, the sound gets quieter and quieter. (I use mostly the AC-20 12AX7 Treble)
I've always used this function a lot and I'm sure that the control behavior has changed a lot here.
What do you think, do you feel the same way?
(translated with google, but i hope you understand what i mean!)

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
For my part, I have the impression that all the factory presets with mid and high gain, sound much worse than with firmware 4.01:veryconfused:
Hmmm, that's weird, mine all sound better, in fact, they sound awesome. I would like to know why it is that yours sounds the way you describe it? What is causing that on different units...???

I have just updated from 5.1 beta to 5.0 and my FM3 is frozen.

This is my fear and why I almost never do firmware updates. Kudos to those who do them and reap the benefits but I'm too concerned about ending up with a brick.

My knowledge about how to do it properly is extremely limited and as Clint Eastwood once said "A man's got to know his limitations."

Reactions: HIO
This is my fear and why I almost never do firmware updates. Kudos to those who do them and reap the benefits but I'm too concerned about ending up with a brick.

My knowledge about how to do it properly is extremely limited and as Clint Eastwood once said "A man's got to know his limitations."
It's virtually impossible to brick a Fractal product. All our products feature an "emergency bootloader" that allows booting the unit in the event of a failed firmware update.

Just upgraded to release 5 ad my AC30 Amp block had very low input gain and the whole preset was really quiet and not right. So I went to the Preset Manage and reset the amp block and now the gain is back but all of the controls are set to 5.00 which I assume are the defaults. How do I get the original settings back but with the original gain structure?

That's why you backup your favourite presets prior to loading new firmware or resetting the amp block.

Pretty sure you'll just have to dial in to your liking again.

I just restored the preset from backup. So I guess I reset the amp block and then dial it back to the way it was prior?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom