FM3 Firmware Version 5.00 beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you all for your help. Looks like I needed to turn off "PC Mapping" in the MIDI/Remote menu.

Hello! I think that was it. I went into the MIDI/Remote menue and RESET ALL and now it appears to increment and decrement to the adjacent presets as it once did. Was that possibly "PC Mapping"?
It probably was.

No, not on for any preset (more of a MIDI function though, innit?).
It’s not a MIDI function necessarily. Turning it on tells the unit “when you change to Preset 300, actually change to preset 1.” With it on, changing to preset 300 will change to preset 1.

By default all mapping is set to the first preset, so turning it on will make all preset changes change to the first preset since you didn’t actively map anything.

UPDATE: It was some glitch. I reset the machine and all was well. The preset inc/dec hold function worked as expected (and when I turned PC Mapping on, it resulted in landing on preset 000, as @chris said it would/should).

Just a coincidence that my unit started behaving wonky right as I was trying to help another user with a problem that closely related to how mine glitched out. Oh well. All's right with the world.

Hi all !

Cliff confirmed a day or so ago that the CNFB architecture will be in the next FM3 FW Beta.

Given Axe 3 19.01 Beta just dropped .... can I ask ..... will the:-

" ....... Improved Phase Inverter Bias Excursion accuracy for some amp models (mostly non-MV types). Note: The improved PI Bias Excursion accuracy results in an increase in bias excursion in most cases. Bias excursion primarily manifests as intermodulation distortion, particularly subharmonic distortion. This produces a chunkier tone with more growl and also yields a thicker tone when rolling off the volume or playing lightly. The amount of bias excursion can be adjusted using the PI Bias Excursion control in the Advanced menu ....... "

.... improvements also be in the next FM3 FW Beta (?)

Thanks,
Ben

UPDATE: It was some glitch. I reset the machine and all was well. The preset inc/dec hold function worked as expected (and when I turned PC Mapping on, it resulted in landing on preset 000, as @chris said it would/should).

Just a coincidence that my unit started behaving wonky right as I was trying to help another user with a problem that closely related to how mine glitched out. Oh well. All's right with the world.
I looked back at my emails with tech support. This is what steps were taken with my similar issue after upgrading to 4.01:

1) Reset foot switch layout to factory settings. Result: did not resolve the issue.
2) Reset the system parameters in the utilities menu. Result: resolve the issue of preset increment/decrement not wrapping and going back to bassguy instead of advancing or going back.

Not sure if it was the same issue or not, but resetting the system parameters worked in my case.

Had also issue with footswitches after updating to FW5Beta but saved my layouts, reseted FM3, restored layout and working again fine.

There's only one thing I'm still praying for: one of the delay blocks with the diffusion function added back. Everything else is so spectacular I couldn't want anything more.

There's only one thing I'm still praying for: one of the delay blocks with the diffusion function added back. Everything else is so spectacular I couldn't want anything more.
I'd also like the pitch function to get added in the reverb block. Seems weird why they didn't do it in the fm3 as it is supposed to be lighter on the CPU than pitch block + rev block for these effects and it could mean not using the very heavy Plex delay in some instances

I looked back at my emails with tech support. This is what steps were taken with my similar issue after upgrading to 4.01:

1) Reset foot switch layout to factory settings. Result: did not resolve the issue.
2) Reset the system parameters in the utilities menu. Result: resolve the issue of preset increment/decrement not wrapping and going back to bassguy instead of advancing or going back.

Not sure if it was the same issue or not, but resetting the system parameters worked in my case.
Haha no way bruh; WAY too complicated. I just flip the power switch off then back on. I'm in IT, after all :)

Last edited:
Maybe we could see this added back in if the CNFB method releases some CPU on the main processor? I have run into situations where I maxed out the 1st CPU using amp, cab, and both delays, it made some weird sounds but kept plugging along. The chrono delays @Admin M@ posted are a good
I'd also like the pitch function to get added in the reverb block. Seems weird why they didn't do it in the fm3 as it is supposed to be lighter on the CPU than pitch block + rev block for these effects and it could mean not using the very heavy Plex delay in some instances
I think that the pitch shifted reverbs must rely on the updated pitch algorithm in the III and FM9. I would like to see this. But the plex block update has been pretty satisfying.

Hi all !

Cliff confirmed a day or so ago that the CNFB architecture will be in the next FM3 FW Beta.

Given Axe 3 19.01 Beta just dropped .... can I ask ..... will the:-

" ....... Improved Phase Inverter Bias Excursion accuracy for some amp models (mostly non-MV types). Note: The improved PI Bias Excursion accuracy results in an increase in bias excursion in most cases. Bias excursion primarily manifests as intermodulation distortion, particularly subharmonic distortion. This produces a chunkier tone with more growl and also yields a thicker tone when rolling off the volume or playing lightly. The amount of bias excursion can be adjusted using the PI Bias Excursion control in the Advanced menu ....... "

.... improvements also be in the next FM3 FW Beta (?)

Thanks,
Ben
Given Axe 3 19.01 Beta just dropped,

Usually have to wait a bit , I also suspect there is likely more to come like CNFB preamp modelling

I thought that was power amp
No way to know if @Randalljax actually meant preamp as a future (as yet unannounced) possibility or if he actually meant power amp and hadn't realized it was already confirmed to be coming to the FM3 in the next FW. Either way; the thing keeps getting better and better :D

No way to know if @Randalljax actually meant preamp as a future (as yet unannounced) possibility or if he actually meant power amp and hadn't realized it was already confirmed to be coming to the FM3 in the next FW. Either way; the thing keeps getting better and better :D
The world may never know if flagship keeps getting stuff that is able to port down. It’ll extend our beta longer and longer 😂

The world may never know if flagship keeps getting stuff that is able to port down. It’ll extend our beta longer and longer 😂
To clarify I meant , Its Cliff . Some people fire up a plate of nachos at halftime on Sunday afternoon football . Cliffs fires up a 19.01 beta .
Whether or not its the preamp or something else , you know he is going to add more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom